become an editor
the entire directory
only in Architecture/Historic_Buildings
Arts and Entertainment
Traverse City State Hospital
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Alden B. Dow Home, Studio and Archives
- Home of the architect and a National Historic Landmark in Midland, Michigan. Includes information on tours, research opportunities, historical information and related links.
- A National Historic Landmark, site contains history of the theater as well as current information about events and tickets.
Covered Bridges of Michigan
- Gallery and history of the few remaining covered bridges in the state.
- Mackinac Island. The world's largest summer hotel since 1887. Placed on the National Register in 1989.
The Henry Ford Estate
- This National Historic Landmark at Fair Lane, Dearborn preserves, collects, restores, interprets and manages the estate. Includes history, tour, gift shop, and maps.
Marshall Historical Society
- Historic structures include the Honolulu House, GAR Hall, Capitol Hill School, the Governor's Mansion, and the US Postal Museum. Includes information on Marshall's home tours.
Michigan Barn Preservation Network
- An organization promoting appreciation, preservation and rehabilitation of Michigan barns, farmsteads and rural communities.
Michigan State Capitol
- Lansing, 1879. Contains history and in depth description of the building and its restoration.
Mine Shafts of Michigan
- Historic and contemporary photographs from Michigan Technological University of mine shaft structures from Copper Country copper mines and Iron Range mines.
Norton Mound Group
- Grand Rapids vicinity. This is one of the best preserved Hopewellian burial centers in the country and one of the most important archaeological sites in Michigan.
The Turner-Dodge House
- The Classical Revival, 1903 home is a National Historic Site whose families were instrumental in the development of the State Capitol and Michigan.
Waterford Township Historical Society
- Dedicated to restoring, preserving and conserving the history and artifacts of Waterford. Presents history through exhibits in the Hatchery House, log cabin, Blain Playhouse, and the Grand Trunk Caboose.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 5, 2013 at 9:35:07 UTC -