become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Assisted Living Facilities
Mental Health Resources
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Disability
Reference: Education: Special Education
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Health: Conditions and Diseases
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Health: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources: Government
Society: Disabled: Family Resources: Future Planning
New England Index
- Directory of disability resources and information specialists.
- Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals with specific developmental disabilities.
Center for Applied Special Technology
- Researches and develops assistive technology solutions for disabled individuals.
Charles River Arc
- Serves people with developmental disabilities through family support, day and vocational programs, community residential programs, respite care and special events. Serves the Needham, Newton, and West suburban area.
Child Care Circuit
- Provides information and referral to parents or guardians of disabled children seeking child care.
Citizens League for Adult Special Services
- Provides job training and placement, on site production work, day habilitation and other services to assist developmentally disabled adults to integrate with the community.
- Provides disability resources, fact sheets about disability issues, event calendars for various disability organizations, disability books and an on-line discussion group.
Department of Developmental Services
- Provides services to developmentally disabled individuals through assistance in job placement, transportation, residential services, or intense levels of treatment, monitoring and care.
Disability Law Center
- Provides free legal assistance and information to people with disabilities throughout Massachusetts.
The Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, Inc.
- Provides help to other families facing childhood autism through support and education.
The DRM Regional Resources Directory-Massachusetts
- Provides a directory of disability resources.
Easter Seals Massachusetts
- Helps children and adults with disabilities expand their independence.
Eastern Massachusetts Association for Retarded Citizens
- Serves developmentally disabled individuals and their families through employment services, day support programs, recreation programs and family support. Serves the Middlessex area.
Family Ties of Massachusetts
- Provides information and support by and for families of children with special needs.
- Provides education and support for the families of children with special health care needs.
Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities.
Framingham Special Education Parent Advisory Council
- Provides parental input into the planning and programs in the special education department of the town school district.
- Sponsors clinics and therapeutic recreational programs for the benefit of children born with birth defects, genetic diseases and mental retardation.
Greater Waltham Arc
- Serves individuals dealing with developmental disabilities through life skills training, employment services, family support, recreation, and inclusive summer camp programs. Serves the Eastern Middlesex County area.
Institute for Community Inclusion
- Develops resources and supports for people with disabilities and their families, fostering independence, productivity, and inclusion in school and community settings.
- A non-profit agency in Brewster providing residential care for people with Prader-Willi Syndrome and girls aged 8-22 requiring special assistance.
- Teaches living skills, social skills and vocational skills to assist developmentally disabled adults to integrate with the community. Located in Norwood, Westwood and West Roxbury Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Association for the Parents of the Visually Impaired
- Provides information and resources relating to visually impaired children.
Massachusetts Association of Approved Private Schools
- Provides a directory of Special Education Chapter 766 approved private schools in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Chapter of the Tourette Syndrome Association
- Provides information, referral and support for people dealing with Tourette Sydrome.
Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council
- Enhances independence, productivity, integration and inclusion of people with developmental disabilities by promoting self-advocacy, and the development and maintenance of strong coalitions.
Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress
- Provide information and resources to parents, professionals, self-advocates and all people who wish to gain a further understanding of Down syndrome.
Massachusetts Families Organizing for Change
- A grassroots coalition of families with children and adults who have disabilities and/or chronic illness with the conviction that family and individual support can be comprehensive and flexible.
Massachusetts Special Olympics
- Provides sports training and athletic competition for individuals with mental retardation or developmental disabilities.
Massachusetts State Resources for Literacy and Learning Disabilities
- Provides a directory of resources related to literacy and learning disabilities.
MBTA: Accessible Services
- Information about public transportation services, including "The Ride," accessible stations, and passes.
Motion Automotive Specialty
- Provides custom vehicle adaptations to meet the specific needs of the disabled user. Located in Brimfield Massachusetts.
National Braille Pres
- Providing braille transcription services and produces and sells books and magazines in braille, in large print and on computer disk.
Parents For Residential Reform
- A grass-roots parent support organization for parents of children with special needs served in residential settings.
- Offering a range of community-based programs, providing quality services to individuals with disabilities.
- Promotes the inclusion of disabled individuals into the community through job placement, supported employment, and supported living. Located in Western Massachusetts.
Seven Hills Foundation
- Offers advocacy, residential and home care, supportive living options, transportation, respite services, therapeutic and social recreation programs, and associated services. Located in Worcester Massachusetts.
Southern Norfolk County Association for Retarded Citizens
- Provides advocacy, support and services to developmentally disabled individuals and their families.
Talking Information Center
- A radio-reading network for visually impaired citizens of the commonwealth. This network reads newspapers, magazines and books to blind people seven days per week, 24 hours per day.
Toward Independent Living and Learning
- Offers residential, support, and vocational services to promote the independence of disabled adults.
- Assists people with disabilities by providing vocational evaluation and training, employment, social development, and residential services to support full integration into the community.
Visually Impaired Blind User Group
- Provides information to advance access by visually impaired and blind persons to the world of computer applications.
WGBH About: Access: Services for People with Disabilities
- TV captioning and video descriptions for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, blind, or visually impaired
- Provides rehabilitation services, develops community based employment and other programs for individuals with disabilities. Located in Quincy Massachusetts.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 12:24:03 UTC -