Tisbury is a town located on the northern side of Martha's Vineyard in Dukes County, Massachusetts. It is also known as Vineyard Haven.
The Native Americans called the area Nobnocket, meaning "dry place". Early Colonists referred to the area as Holmes Hole. In 1871, settlers separated from what is now West Tisbury and legally changed the town's name to Tisbury. It is commonly still referred to, however, as Vineyard Haven.