become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Localities: S: Salem: Travel and Tourism: Attractions
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Regions: Greater Boston: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
The House of the Seven Gables Historic Site
- On Turner Street in Salem. This home is the Turner-Ingersoll Mansion (built in 1668), and was the inspiration for Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel, "The House of the Seven Gables." Open for tours, they also have a garden cafe, and museum store on the site. Nathaniel Hawthorne's birthplace is also on the site.
Peabody Essex Museum
- Features over 30 galleries exhibiting international collections of maritime art and history, Asian export art, Native American art, arts of Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands, American decorative arts, natural history, and historic houses.
Salem Collection Archives
- Features virtual gallery of collectibles, souvenirs and memorabilia. Includes details of items and photos.
Salem Wax Museum of Witches & Seafarers
- Museum dedicated to Salem's darkest days (1690's), complete with interactive exhibits and wax figures.
The Salem Witch Museum
- FAQs, museum and group tour information, plus overview of the Salem Witch Trials of 1692.
Stephen Phillips Memorial Trust House
- Located on picturesque Chestnut Street in Salem, Massachusetts, this Federal style mansion includes a family collection that spans five generations.
Witch Dungeon Museum, New England Pirate Museum, and Witch History Museum
- Provides educational curriculum, museum schedules and directions for three area attractions.
The Witch House
- Home of Judge Jonathan Corwin and is the only structure still standing in Salem with direct ties to the Witchcraft Trials of 1692. Includes hours of operation and directions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 9, 2007 at 20:47:13 UTC -