become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Social Service Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Regions: Greater Boston: Society and Culture: Organizations
Alewife Study Group
- Neighborhood group concerned about development and environmental issues that impact the Alewife region of North Cambridge.
- Provides annual award for urban excellence and forums for the discussion of issues related to urban architecture, planning, and revitalization.
Cambridge Historical Society
- Dedicated to collecting, preserving and interpreting the social and architectural history of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Cambridge Housing Assistance Fund
- Raises funds to assist the homeless and near homeless with the startup costs of securing permanent housing. Events, newsletter, and information for donors and sponsors.
Cambridge Residents for Growth Management
- Volunteer group campaigning to change Cambridge's zoning law to better protect residential neighborhoods, businesses, and quality of life from the impacts of development.
- Not-for-profit corporation that matches teams of skilled corporate volunteers from leading companies to community nonprofits in need of assistance in the areas of IT, marketing, and human resources.
- Advocates the rights, voice and vision of indigenous peoples and their ability to determine their own futures on their own lands. News related to indigenous peoples, information on programs in Africa, Asia, and the Americas, film reviews, publications, and how to help.
Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility
- An affiliate of Physicians for Social Responsibility, working to address the health consequences of nuclear weapons, environmental degradation, and violence.
Ikeda Center for Peace, Learning, and Dialogue
- International peace institute bringing together scholars and activists in dialogue on common values across cultures and religions. Mission, events, and publications.
MIT Societo por Esperanto
- A student run organization for people who want to get together and learn Esperanto.
Porter Square Neighbors Association
- Voluntary organization of residents and business owners working to improve the quality of life in Porter Square and surrounding neighborhoods.
The Women's Center
- Central Square home of support, social, and political activism groups for women. Site includes contact information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 13, 2016 at 14:38:17 UTC -