Alford is a town located in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. It was settled in 1750 and incorporated as a town in 1775.
Alford is located in southwestern Massachusetts and is bordered by West Stockbridge on the north, Great Barrington on the east, Egremont on the south and Hillsdale and Austerlitz, New York on the west. Its total area is 11.56 square miles and population is approximately 400.
The town has no stores, motels, hotels or even gas stations. The Main Street has a church, a town hall and a one room school house, all of which are historic structures.