become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Disabled American Veterans
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Maryland Technology Assistance Program
- information on available products, devices, services and other resources to assist individuals with disabilities and senior citizens.
The Arc of Maryland
- Provides support to families of children with mental retardation. Programs, legislative guide, calendar of events, local chapters, news, and stories.
Best Buddies Maryland
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment. Profile and how to help.
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
- A not for profit organization providing training and employment opportunities for blind and multi-handicapped citizens. Has product and service listings, news and rehabilitation information.
Center for Social Change
- A non-profit organization that provides residential services, vocational services, supported employment, volunteership and advocacy to all individuals with developmental disabilities through an integrative support system of care, love and partnership.
- Non-public special education program for children with multiple handicaps including mental retardation, and other services for people with developmental disabilities including employment opportunities.
Community Living, Inc.
- A not-for-profit agency providing residential services for people with developmental disabilities (mental retardation) in Frederick County.
Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley, Inc.
- GIMV is a workforce development agency and network of businesses providing career development, employment and services to assist people with special needs in Frederick and Carroll Counties. Services, retail locations, staffing services and how you can help.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake Inc.
- A workforce development agency and network of businesses providing career development, employment and services to assist people with special needs. Find services, retail locations, staffing services and how you can help.
- A private, non-profit school for K-12 Students with learning disabilities.
Hearing and Speech Agency (HASA)
- Private, special education center that serves as a direct service provider, information resource center, and advocate for people of all ages and incomes who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech and language disabilities. Based in Baltimore City.
- An apartment community specially for adults with disabilities with affordable rents, accessible designs and community life.
Learning Independence Through Computers
- LINC is a non-profit computer resource center that provides opportunities for people with disabilities. Membership, projects, and training.
Lions Camp Merrick
- Providing outdoor summer camping memories for deaf, blind, and diabetic persons.
Lower Shore Enterprises Inc.
- Training and employment placement service for workers with disabilities on Maryland's Lower Eastern Shore.
Maryland - Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Treatment for neurogenetic illnesses, developmental disorders, and traumatic neurological injury in children and adolescents.
Maryland Association of Community Services (MACS)
- A private nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening agencies to better support people with developmental disabilities and their families in their own communities.
Maryland Association of the Deaf
- Provides support to enhance the quality of life for deaf and hard of hearing Marylanders, and increases social, civic, educational, and economic opportunities through its programs and services. Includes achievements, photo gallery, newsletters, and issues.
Maryland Ravens, Inc.
- promotes the natural abilities of the physically challenged via sports and other social interactions.
- a public service provided by the Maryland Department of Budget and Management/Telecommunications Access of Maryland enables standard telephone users to communicate with people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf/blind, or speech disabled who use a TTY
Maryland School for the Deaf
- free public education for children from birth through age 21 who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Maryland Works, Inc.
- Statewide association whose primary members are community service agencies that offer diverse employment supports for people experiencing disability or poverty.
- Provides job training, employment opportunities, residential services, and recreational opportunities for people with developmental disabilities and their families in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Ms. Wheelchair Maryland
- Adult and junior miss pageants for women with disabilities to serve as a spokesperson for the disability community about her life as a person with a disability. Features application form, photo gallery, and press releases.
The Parents' Place of Maryland
- Support group for parents of children with disabilities. Includes workshop schedule, publications, and resources.
Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents School
- a community-based, public treatment and educational facility serving children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbance.
Rehabilitation Opportunities, Inc.
- Provides vocational and developmental programs to adults with disabilities from locations in Lanham and Germantown. Agency programs and services along with customer finishing service descriptions.
Special Olympics Maryland
- Provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for citizens with mental retardation. Sports offered, events, and opportunities for athletes, families, coaches and volunteers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 15:54:04 UTC -