become an editor
the entire directory
only in Maryland/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
By Metro Area and Region
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
National Audubon Society
State Forests and Wildlife Management Areas
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Mid-Atlantic: Chesapeake Bay
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
1000 Friends of Maryland
- A coalition of businesses, community and environmental groups dedicated to preserving what is best about Maryland and to encourage sensible growth. Purpose, news and events, and platform.
The Alice Ferguson Foundation/Hard Bargain Farm
- Fosters environmental responsibility and enhances the historic legacy and rural character of Hard Bargain Farm by sharing the wonder and excitement of exploring a working farm, woods and wetlands on the Potomac shoreline.
Audubon Society of Central Maryland
- Protecting and restoring birds, other wildlife and their habitats through education and action. Find programs, field trips, sanctuaries, newsletter and membership information.
Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center
- The Wildfowl Trust of North America is a private non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and stewardship of Chesapeake wildfowl and wetlands through education and research. The 500 acre preserve located near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on Maryland's Eastern Shore offers trails, a visitor center, and a wild bird care facility.
Chesapeake Bay Program
- Chesapeake Bay and its ecosystem. Scientific data, environmental indicators, educational resources, and public information.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust
- Nonprofit organization that provides financial support grants to civic and community organizations, schools and volunteer groups for Chesapeake Bay restoration and education projects in Maryland.
Chesapeake Climate Action Network
- A grassroots, nonprofit organization dedicated exclusively to fighting global warming. Profile, global warming 101 and how to help.
Coastal Conservation Association Maryland
- Aims to conserve, promote and enhance the present and future availability of coastal marine resources for the benefit and enjoyment of the general public.
- Located in Shady Side, Maryland on an 8-acre peninsula nestled in the West River. Provides opportunities for schoolchildren to learn about the eco-system of the Chesapeake Bay and participate in hands-on experiments.
Energy Information Administration: State Energy Profiles - Maryland
- Energy maps, data, statistics and overviews including production, pricing, supply, demand, consumption and infrastructure.
Irvine Natural Science Center
- A non-profit environmental education organization whose mission is to inspire appreciation and respect for the natural world, and to increase awareness of environmental issues.
Maryland Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation
- Aims to preserve sufficient agricultural land to maintain a viable local base of food and fiber production for the present and future citizens of Maryland. Includes details of initiatives, legal fact sheets, meetings and task forces.
Maryland Alliance for Greenway Improvement and Conservation (MAGIC)
- Works to improve wildlife habitat, provide connecting wildlife corridors, protect forests, and keep streams and water supplies pure. Maps, articles, and photos.
Maryland Cooperative Extension Entomology
- integrated pest management, pesticide education and assessment programs, agriculture, green industry, ornamental plants
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Data
- Includes database driven applications for monitoring Chesapeake Bay conditions, stream surveys, water quality, and vegetation restoration.
Maryland Department of Planning - Smart Growth
- Initiatives that aim to direct State resources to revitalize older developed areas, preserve some of Maryland's valuable resource and open space lands, and discourage the continuation of sprawling development into rural areas.
Maryland Environmental Service
- An independent state agency that aims to protect and enhance the state’s air, land and water resources. Feature details of projects statewide.
Maryland Forests Association
- a non-profit organization for forest landowners, foresters and other natural resource professionals, hunt clubs and recreational groups, logging and trucking companies, the forest products industry, related businesses and individuals concerned about the wise-use of forest resources.
Maryland Geological Survey
- Programs, news, and publications. Includes maps and a discussion of some landscape features.
The Maryland Land Conservation Center
- Works with individuals, families and organizations to protect their land, without giving up ownership, through conservation easements. Profile and available programs.
Maryland Native Plant Society
- Dedicated to protecting, conserving, and restoring Maryland's native plants and habitats. Meetings, upcoming events and local restoration projects.
Maryland Ornithological Society
- promotes the study and enjoyment of birds. Birding activities, publications, and programs are available to members through the state organization or a local chapter.
Maryland State Game and Fish Protective Association
- Non profit conservation organization dedicated to the conservation of natural resources. Includes an events calendar, information on youth organizations and on becoming a member.
Maryland State Parks and Forests
- The Maryland Department of Natural Resources offers affordable and wholesome recreational opportunities statewide at state parks and forests.
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Acquires, develops, maintains and administers a regional system of parks in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties in Maryland.
- News and resources for those who wish to recycle.
Students for Environmental Action
- a student run environmental group at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.
USGS: Science In Your State -Maryland
- Provides science information and related websites. News, real-time information and links.
Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Montgomery and Prince George County water/sewer agency, also concerned with the promulgation and enforcement of plumbing and gasfitting regulations in suburban Maryland, and the development and maintenance of storm drainage facilities within its boundaries
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 28, 2014 at 5:15:05 UTC -