become an editor
the entire directory
only in Baltimore/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Society and Culture
The Abell Foundation
- A foundation promoting social change. Foundation's history, grant areas, venture fund and investments information, guidelines, publications, grant applications, related links and contact information.
American Friends Service Committee, Baltimore
- About AFSC, videos, resources and contact information.
Arabber Preservation Society
- Group representing produce vendors using horse-drawn carts. Mission statement, contact information, history, activities, programs, publicity and photographs.
Baltimore Choral Arts Society
- Includes the symphonic choir, professional chamber chorus and educational outreach ensemble. Offers season schedule, ticket and audition information, press area, details of community and student programs, profiles and mailing list.
Baltimore Community Foundation
- A collection of charitable funds benefiting the Greater Baltimore, Maryland, region.
Baltimore Concert Opera
- Blog, news and events, current schedule, how to support and contact information.
- From a social club that meets in restaurants, includes events, press clips, frequently asked questions, membership information and contact information.
The Baltimore Free Store
- Makes donated or salvaged goods available at no charge. Calendar, FAQ, volunteer opportunities, guidelines on in-kind donations.
Baltimore Neighborhoods Inc.
- BNI serves the citizens of Maryland in fair housing or landlord-tenant matters. A non-profit organization that provides legal information on a statewide hotline.
Baltimore Slumlord Watch
- From a group of residents, includes commentary and recommended links.
- Cycling news, events, photos, embedded videos and politics.
Big Wheel Race for Cancer Part Deux - Rock & Ride
- About the charity event, photos, guestbook, rules and contact information.
Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc.
- Redistributes donated books to the community. Includes information on donations, volunteering, mailing list signup, and news.
Community Assistance Network
- Works in partnership with the community to develop, operate and support programs that reduce vulnerability and promote personal growth, stability and self sufficiency among low-income residents.
Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore
- About the society, events, portraits, biographies, chronologies, and a comprehensive collection of the works of the author and poet.
Episcopal Housing Corporation
- From a faith-based, non-profit housing development, includes current activities, projects, news, recommended links and mission statement.
Family Crisis Center
- Agency providing shelter, counseling, and children's programs. Purpose statement, services offered, wish-list of needs, donor's guide and contact information.
Family League of Baltimore City, Inc.
- Non-profit agency improving the well-being of children and families. Statement of purpose, history, services offered, publications, fiscal strategies and contact information.
Friends of Fort McHenry
- Dedicated to preserving the historical legacy of the fort and inspiring all who visit the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner.
Friends of Mercy, Baltimore, MD
- Support-group for people who are adjusting to being separated, widowed or divorced. Background and services offered, calendar of events, notes from past meetings, information on discussion groups, activities, contact information and related links.
- From a philanthropic organization; includes board and staff members, grant programs, policies, news and contact information.
Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake
- About the organization, mission statement, calendar, success stories, volunteer information, how to apply for a home, blog, news and contact information.
Historic East Baltimore Community Action Coalition, Inc.
- Seeks to improve the quality of life in East Baltimore. Includes development areas, employment opportunities and history.
- From an organization providing services to homeless mothers; includes mission statement, programs offered, board of directors, latest news, how to volunteer, donating information and how to apply for assistance.
The Institute for Integrative Health
- A think-tank for health experts; includes mission statement, list of scholars, news, events, recommended links and how to support them.
Knuckleheads Pleasure Club
- Club history, photographs and event information.
The ManKind Project of Greater Washington, Inc
- Offers weekend training for men to help them lead richer, fuller lives. Group purpose, testimonials, and training schedule.
Maryland Psychiatric Society
- A state medical specialty society, whose physician members specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental illnesses, including substance use disorders. Includes a psychiatrist search engine, events calendar, and legislation issues.
The Preservation Society
- Works to preserve and renew Fell's Point and Federal Hill as areas of historical and architectural significance. Profile, events and how to help.
Reservoir Hill Neighborhoods
- Provides information about this historic area and its neighborhoods. Find history, events, maps, news and bulletin board.
Sandtown Habitat for Humanity
- A nonprofit Christian housing organization rebuilding vacant houses in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood of West Baltimore in partnership with those in need of shelter. Find projects, news and how to get involved.
Stepfamily Association - Baltimore Chapter
- Non-profit agency promoting the education and well-being of stepfamilies. Statement of purpose, chapters, recommended reading and related links.
United Workers Association
- Organizing the low-wage workers of Maryland. Find news and information about campaigns and events.
Wikipedia - Baltimore, Maryland
- Free encyclopedia with history, facilities and attractions, geography and demographics.
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 19, 2014 at 11:54:06 UTC -