become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Health
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Health
Board of Acupuncture
- Protects the public through the licensure and regulation of acupuncturists. Meetings, newsletter, licensing information, continuing education and ethics.
Board of Audiologists, Hearing Aid Dispensers and Speech-Language Pathologists
- Regulates hearing services practitioners. Consumer information, licensing, continuing education, and news.
Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Purpose is to license, regulate and discipline chiropractors and to certify, regulate and discipline chiropractic assistants and massage therapists and to oversee the Massage Therapy Advisory Committee. Members, meetings, disciplinary actions, complaints, laws, and newsletters.
Board of Dental Examiners
- In existence since 1884. History and mission, statutes and regulations, complaints, newsletter, members, meetings, and Jurisprudence exams.
Board of Dietetic Practice
- The licensing authority of dietitians and nutritionists in the state. Board members, meetings, regulations, and continuing education.
Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Laws and regulations, licensing procedures, members and meetings, complaint process, continuing education requirements, and quality assurance program.
Board of Morticians
- Oversees proper credentialing, examination, licensure, and discipline of morticians, funeral directors, apprentices and funeral establishments. News, meetings, members, and policy.
Board of Nursing
- Nursing licensure, online renewals, license lookup, complaints and investigations, discipline and rehabilitation, regulations and services.
Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Purpose, meetings and minutes, members, licensure and continuing education requirements, regulations, and application information.
Board of Occupational Therapy Practice
- Licenses occupational therapists and sets standards. Regulations, licensing procedures and status, complaints, board information, and newsletters.
Board of Pharmacy
- Protecting and educating the consumers of Maryland through regulation of pharmacy practice. Licensure, drug rehabilitation, drug information and assistance.
Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- Regulates the practice of physical therapy in the state. Regulations, continuing education requirements, licensing, complaints, board members, meetings, and newsletter.
Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Provides for the examination, licensure, certification, regulation and discipline of professional counselors, marriage and family therapists and alcohol and drug counselors. Certification and licensing requirements, complaints, continuing education, and members.
Board of Social Work Examiners
- Consumer information, directory of social work boards, licensure information, committees and task forces, proposed regulations, board members, meetings, and newsletters.
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Works to assure that core public health functions and services are provided to every person in Maryland.
Developmental Disabilities Administration
- Provides leadership to assure the full participation of individual with developmental disabilities and their families in all aspects of community life. Promotes their empowerment to access quality supports and services necessary to foster personal growth, independence and productivity.
Epidemiology and Disease Control Program
- Works to prevent and control communicable diseases. Information about bioterrorism, communicable diseases and outbreak patterns, immunizations, and flu shots.
Health Disparities Reduction Initiative
- Works to eliminate health disparities among Maryland's ethnic and racial populations. Features fact sheets, statistics and data, history, and program information.
Maryland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration
- Responsible for the planning, development, coordination and delivery of services to prevent harmful involvement with alcohol and other drugs and to treat the illness of chemical addiction. News, treatment and prevention services, and the Office of Education and Training for Addiction Services.
Maryland Board of Physicians
- Protects citizen's health and safety through enforcement of licensure standards for physicians and allied health providers. Has categorized of health care providers, newsletters and information about disciplinary proceedings and actions.
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Offers information about public health programs and alerts, healthcare licensing, and contacts.
Maryland Health Care Commission
- Offers information about functions, programs, and services related to the establishment and support of state healthcare systems.
Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission
- Sets the rates that Maryland's hospitals charge. Commission information, documents and publications, data and reports, and healthcare links.
Maryland's Public Health Laboratory
- Provides public health and environmental laboratory services. Description of services including drinking water certification and newborn screening, staff directory, laboratories, and newsletter.
Massage Therapy Advisory Committee
- Members, meetings, newsletters, certification requirements, approved schools, complaints, disciplinary actions, and continuing education.
Minority Health and Health Disparities
- Provides for minority health programming and equal access to health care. Purpose, list of events, organization chart, and description of programs.
Office of Health Care Quality
- The licensing and certification administration is committed to protecting the health and safety of Maryland's citizens. Regulatory standards, provider list,and special programs.
Vital Statistics Administration
- Part of the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Includes cost and method of obtaining copies.
Vital Statistics Administration
- Vital Statistics Administration provides birth, death, and other vital records for the State of Maryland. Includes application for certificates, FAQ, and statistic reports.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2014 at 0:14:32 UTC -