become an editor
the entire directory
only in Maryland/Government
By Metro Area and Region
Comptroller of Maryland
Maryland Electronic Capital
Motor Vehicles, Highways, and Transportation
Public Safety and Emergency Management
Regional: North America: United States: Maine: Society and Culture: Politics
- The official site for the State of Maryland. The Maryland state portal connects people, business, and government, and provides online searches of all state agencies.
Census 2000 Data for the State of Maryland
- U.S. census data.
The Constitution of Maryland
- The Constitution of Maryland sets forth the structure of the state government in detail. The Declaration of Rights sets forth the rights of the people under the Constitution of Maryland.
Department of Juvenile Services
- Provides individualized care and treatment to youth who have violated the law, or who are a danger to themselves or others. Has information about programs end events.
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
- Includes information about unemployment insurance, job fairs, labor statistics, professional licensing, and a county-by-county list of CareerNet offices.
Governor's Office for Children, Youth & Families
- Includes information about Head Start, infant mortality and child abuse prevention programs, and the school-based health center initiative. Site in English and Spanish.
Governor's Office of Minority Affairs
- Responsible for encouraging and supporting minority businesses throughout the state of Maryland.
Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism (GOSV)
- Supports and promotes volunteer service efforts that engage all Marylanders to strengthen their communities. Through the combined efforts of traditional volunteerism, AmeriCorps, and Maryland's Promise, the GOSV is providing solutions in the areas of education, public safety, health, and the environment.
Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations.
- Information on Maryland Nonprofits.
Maryland Attorney General - Consumer Protection Division
- Find information for consumers including tips and publications, FAQ and online complaint filing.
Maryland Child Support Enforcement Program
- Provides explanations of state guidelines, programs and services as well as contact information and related links.
Maryland Commission on Human Relations
- Ensures equal opportunity in housing, employment, and public accommodations.
Maryland Department of Aging
- Description of services and programs, housing options, caregiving information, senior assistance, news, and resources.
Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Provides information on agribusiness programs, environmentally sound farming practices, land preservation, and crop reports.
Maryland Department of Budget and Management
- Helps the Governor, State agencies, and their employees to obtain fiscal, capital, personnel, and information technology resources. Includes budget information, employee services, state jobs, procurement and contracts, and technology.
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Neighborhood revitalization, affordable rental housing initiatives, cultural preservation, and list of priority funding areas.
Maryland Department of Human Resources
- information about Welfare Reform, Adoption, Child Support and Child Support Offenders and Immigration. Serves families and individuals who are in need of temporary economic assistance and vulnerable children and adults seeking protection from abuse or neglect.
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Maryland natural resources-related information, products and services to visitors. Weekly newsletter.
Maryland Department of the Environment
- Protects and restores the quality of Maryland's air, land, and water resources, while fostering economic development, healthy and safe communities, and quality environmental education. Meetings, hearings and calendar of events, permits, programs, research, and information for citizens and business.
Maryland Division of Rehabilitation Services
- Operates four businesses helping people with disabilities go to work or stay independent. Programs and services, employer and volunteer information.
Maryland Energy Administration
- Offers information and advice about energy conservation, current programs, and updates.
Maryland Environmental Service
- Provides information on current projects and initiatives such as recycling and waste management.
Maryland Film Office
- Coordinates film production issues in Maryland. Description of services, films, news, and resources.
Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute
- The State's training and education system for emergency response personnel. Staff and command, field operations, government and industry training, and regional information.
Maryland Horse Industry Board
- Promotes the horse industry in Maryland and to licenses boarding and rental facilities. Members, regulations, census results, news, disaster preparedness, and minimum standards for horse care.
Maryland Information Technology Center (MITC)
- Located in Rockville on the campus of the University of Maryland. Works in coordination with state and local agencies, academic institutions, and industry to promote the widest possible employment of modern technology in education and economic development.
Maryland Insurance Administration
- The official site of the Maryland Insurance Administration, and independent state agency providing information and services for consumers, media, and the insurance industry.
Maryland New Hire Registry
- Maryland employers are required to report newly hired and re-hired employees within 20 days of their hire date. Find related information and reporting tools.
Maryland Public Purchasing Association (MPPA)
- State chapter of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), which serves as a professional organization for procurement officers. Site features include education and certification courses, an events calendar, and overview of programs and services.
Maryland Public Service Commission
- Regulates public utilities (gas, electric, telephone, water, and sewage disposal companies) and certain passenger transportation companies doing business in Maryland.
The Maryland Regional Production Guide
- Information for film production in Maryland. Description of services, regional information, and scouting report.
Maryland State Archives
- Includes the online Maryland Manual, and information about doing research in their collections of vital records, historical files, newspapers, maps, photographs, and art.
Maryland State Department of Education - Division of Rehabilitation Services
- Promotes the employment, economic self-sufficiency and independence of individuals with disabilities. News, description of services, council members, Workforce and Technology Center programs, and how to apply for disability benefits.
Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Calendar of programs, newsletters, brochure, application for service, and descriptive video list.
Maryland Student Legislature, Inc
- Students from universities and colleges join together to write, research and debate issues of local, state, and national importance.
Maryland Vehicle Theft Prevention Council
- The Maryland Vehicle Theft Prevention Council is charged with assisting in the prevention and deterrence of private passenger and commercial motor vehicle theft and related crime.
MD Kids' Page
- Maryland state facts including famous citizens, places to visit, census by county, and geography.
State Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Promotes fairness in taxation for Maryland property owners by uniformly appraising all taxable property at market value, and offering programs of property tax relief and business services. Maryland's largest source of real estate data.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 18, 2014 at 17:48:50 UTC -