become an editor
the entire directory
only in Frederick/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Point of Rocks
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Society and Culture
Animal Control Division and Shelter
- This shelter offers pets for adoption and provides information on the care of dogs, cats, rabbits, and birds. Includes directions, individual stories, and photographs.
Animal Welfare League of Frederick County
- Works with Frederick County Animal Control to assist in providing direct care for animals residing at the shelter and works in cooperation with the public to ensure the humane treatment of all animals. Description of services, volunteer opportunities and pet care tips.
The Arc of Frederick County, Inc.
- Provides advocacy, resources, and connections to people with developmental disabilities and their families.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Frederick County
- Provides mentors to children from single parent families and offers other specialized programs including service learning opportunities; an after school program and a computer lab.
Citizens For Incinerator Alternatives Now
- A grassroots organization working to educate citizens about the effects of the proposed incinerator as well as healthier, less costly alternatives to incineration. Blog and politicians positions.
The Community Foundation of Frederick County
- Assists people to fulfill their philanthropic spirit by nurturing local grassroots projects. Grant, scholarship and donation information, history, news and events, board and staff, and list of funds.
Frederick Apple Core
- Membership information, contacts and meetings.
Frederick Area Narcotics Anonymous
- Meeting schedule, locations and topics.
Frederick County 4-H Therapeutic Riding Program
- Program history, classes, newsletter, special events, and volunteer opportunities.
Frederick County 4-H Youth Development
- Calendar, newsletter, club list and events.
Frederick County County Commission on Disabilities
- Created in 1994 to advise the Frederick County Board of Commissioners on matters regarding compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related legislation.
Frederick County Explorer Post 1218
- Provides young people the opportunity to explore the criminal justice system and careers in law enforcement through hands-on training and classroom lectures. Includes post and membership information along with photo galleries.
Frederick County Genealogical Society (FRECOGS)
- A non-profit organization devoted to the collection and sharing of information about families of the area.
Frederick County Humane Society
- Adoptions, special events, contact and resource information.
Frederick County Landmarks Foundation
- Actively pursues the preservation of historic sites, structures, natural landmarks and communities. Profile, educational and preservation projects.
Frederick County Parents of Multiples
- Provides support and activities for members with any age twins or higher order multiples. Events and a photo album along with meeting, membership and contact information.
Frederick County Red Cross
- Local news and events, courses offered, blood drive schedules, and volunteer opportunities.
Friends of Frederick County
- Non-profit organization supporting county land and water conservation programs. Has information about the organization, board members and photographs.
Habitat For Humanity of Frederick County, MD
- Works in partnership with God and people everywhere to develop communities by building and renovating houses. History, past and current projects, volunteer opportunities, and chapter information.
Heartly House, Inc.
- Provides services to survivors of domestic violence, rape/sexual assault and child abuse. Includes crisis hotline, available services, contribution and volunteer information.
MDGenWeb: Frederick County
- History and genealogy, affiliated with the MDGenWeb and the USGenWeb projects.
- Non-profit, no-kill, all volunteer organization helping homeless cats. Includes information on adoptions and open houses.
United Way of Frederick County, MD
- Through its partnerships with employers, non-profit agencies and volunteers, the United Way plays an indispensable role in bringing together resources to address the community's most urgent social needs.
Way Station, Inc.
- A non-profit organization providing services to Frederick County citizens suffering from serious mental illness and emotional and behavioral disabilities. Includes description of organization, programs and services offered, fundraising, news and events.
Wikipedia - Frederick County, Maryland
- Free encyclopedia. History, government, geography, demographics, cities and towns.
The YMCA of Frederick County
- History, program registration and schedule, special events, membership information, and hours.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 23, 2013 at 16:45:07 UTC -