become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Grand Lodge of Maine
Junior Chamber International
Lions Clubs International
National Organization for Women
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
Aging Agencies in Maine
- Part of an internet directory of sites with information about aging and older adults.
Associated Marine Surveyors, Inc.
- Provides a selection of services to a variety of clients ranging from the professional maritime industry to the recreational boating public.
Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection
- Protects the citizens of Maine from unfair and deceptive practices with respect to consumer credit and collection.
Commission for Community Service
- State of Maine's department that coordinates and networks with community services in the state.
The Edmund S. Muskie Foundation
- Non-profit organization which furthers Edmund S. Muskie's commitment to public service, civic responsibility, and the protection of the natural and human environment.
Franco-American Women's Institute
- Focus on Franco-American women in Maine and their contributions throughout history.
Institute for Global Ethics
- A nonprofit, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan organization dedicated to promoting awareness and discussion of global ethics.
Maine Apartment Owners and Managers Association
- Provides informational resources, education, and representation to help the relationships between landlords and tenants.
Maine Association of Mediators
- Individuals with broad professional interest seeking to broaden public understanding and acceptance of alternative forms of dispute resolution.
The Maine Humanities Council
- Organization that supports community programs in cultural heritage, contemporary issues, reading and literacy, as well as enrichment programs for teachers.
Maine Land Trust Network
- Directory for locating all Maine land trusts.
Maine Linux Users' Group- MELUG
- Purpose of group is to educate people, promote, and support Linux and free software in the Maine community. And, provide a forum for users and developers to socialize and discuss issues related to Linux.
Maine Morgan Horse Club, Inc.
- Non-profit organization that encourages, educates, and promotes the breeding and use of registered Morgans. Features breeding information, classifieds, events, youth, scholarships, membership, and links.
Maine Right to Life Committee
- Profiles group and provides information on upcoming meetings, scheduled events, state legislation, and abortion statistics.
Maine Rural Water Association
- Non-profit organization with the goal to help rural water and wastewater systems provide safe drinking water at an affordable cost while protecting the environment. Training classes, workshops, federal and state rules, support, and membership information provided.
- Member groups dedicated to preventing and solving human and environmental problems.
Maine State Federation of Fire Fighters
- Affiliation with the International Association of Fire Fighters. Committee information, area map, fire log, images, and convention histories.
MDI Search and Rescue
- Mount Desert Island search and rescue teams with capabilities ranging from ground based searches with people and dogs to high angle technical rescues.
Native Maine Coon Cat Association (NMCCA)
- Dedicated to preserving native cats and contributes information to history and evolution of the breed, genetic topics, and breeding articles.
Natural Resources Council of Maine
- Leading environmental advocacy organization in the state. Features membership information, reports, news, citizens alert, jobs, and links.
New England Vexilloligical Association
- Dedicated to the scholarly pursuit of flag research by and between local vexillologists.
Newcomers Club Directory for Maine
- A Pennsylvania directory of Newcomers Clubs, which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities. Three sites listed for Maine.
PICA: Peace through Interamerican Community Action
- A grass roots organization who reject repression of human rights, state sponsored terror, economic and social injustice, and environmental violence.
- Portland based group covers laws and rights on this subject.
United Maine Craftsmen
- Membership directory includes address, contact information, and crafted products. Full show schedule, list of board members, and some photographs of crafts available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2013 at 5:35:11 UTC -