become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Native_Americans
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Maine: Society and Culture: Native Americans
Passamaquoddy Indian Reservation
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture: Ethnicity: Native American
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans
Society: Law: Legal Information: Indigenous Peoples Law
- Celebrating Maine's Native American heritage, art, and archaeology
- History of the Abenaki people.
Aroostook Band of Micmacs
- Provides contact information and links to departments and services.
Houlton Band of Maliseet
- Includes information about tribal government, health, education, languages, social services, native crafts, contact address, and links.
- Anthropology museum focusing on Native Americans in Maine, hosted by University of Maine
- From Acadian Artisans Stories and Facts. This story is about a powerful medicine woman, a Penobscot, who grew up in the 1800s. The mixed media drawing of Molly tells her story with rich symbolism.
Mystery of the Red Paint People
- Exploring the theory that a seafaring American tribe inhabited the shores of North America 7000 years ago. And, that these ancient Americans rivalled their European counterparts in navigational skills several millennia before the Vikings.
Native Peoples in Madawaska
- Article and maps on the original people of the Upper St. John River valley (Aroostook county).
Penobscot High Stakes Bingo
- Established in 1973, one of the first Indian Gaming Operations in the country, located on Indian Island in Old Town. Offers a wide variety of bingo games, pull tabs, and coinboards.
UMO: Native American Studies Programs
- Concentrates on the Native people of the Northeast, with a special focus on the Maliseet, Micmac, Passamaquoddy and Penobscot.
A Visit with Henry Mitchell:
- History of Henry Mitchell and his family, who were from the Penobscot Nation during the depression era.
Wabanaki Legal News
- Pine Tree Legal Assistance newsletters dealing with issues pertinent to the Native Americans in Maine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:11:54 PM EST -