become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Organizations
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Maine: Science and Environment: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Science and Environment: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: Regional: North America: United States
Biodiversity Research Institute: Loons
- Small, nonprofit group dedicated to progressive environmental research and education. Specialty is avian (bird) studies, and aquatic toxicology with a focus on the loon.
Environmental Protection Agency Region 1: Superfund Site Index
- Places targeted in Maine for government sponsored toxic waste cleanup.
Forest Ecology Network
- Mission is to protect, preserve, and defend the native forest environment of Maine through public awareness, grassroots citizen activism, and education.
Friends of Hog Island
- Non-profit dedicated to the preservation of the Audubon Camp on Hog Island and the support and enhancement of its educational goals.
Gulf of Maine Council
- Promotes stewardship activities in the Gulf of Maine and its watershed, to enhance environmental quality and secure resource use for all generations.
Humboldt Field Research Institute
- Institute for the study of natural history in Maine.
Maine Coast Heritage Trust
- Conserving Maine shorelands and islands by working with communities and individuals along the coast. Links to Maine Land Trust. Newsletter and membership information.
Maine Environmental Policy Institute
- Dedicated to researching environmental challenges facing the state and reporting the research to policy makers and the public.
Maine WasteWater Control Association
- Promotes environmental management practices to protect and improve the waters and related environments. Includes membership, position, calendar, and directory.
Marine Environmental Research Institute
- Dedicated to researching pollution of the ocean, unsustainable coastal development, species and habitat degradation, and environmental emergencies (toxic spills, releases) affecting marine life.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:15:03 AM EST -