become an editor
the entire directory
only in Maine/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Private, non-profit research center whose principle scientific concern is the biological productivity of our oceans.
Degree Confluence Project
- Contains photographs of the intersections of integer latitude and longitude degree lines for Maine project sites.
- Dedicated to protecting the state's air, water and open spaces. Includes commentary, fact sheets, and reports.
Gardening to Conserve Maine's Native Landscape
- From the University of Maine: Plants to use and those to avoid, with the goal of conserving Maine's natural environment.
Maine Disaster Center
- Guide and source for state information, news, to county and city emergency management sites. Links to state road conditions, severe weather, floods, snowfall, earthquakes, hurricanes, and emergency message boards.
Maine Fishermen's Forum
- Mission is to educate the public and the fishing industry about fisheries and marine resource issues. Provides a calendar of events, tradeshows, information, board of directors, links, resources, and pictures.
Maine Geological Survey
- Primary source of geological information in the state. Studies conducted in the following areas: bedrock, hydrogeology, marine, economic, and hazards.
Maine Natural Resources Information and Mapping Center
- Geologists, biologists, ecologists, information specialists, and administrators committed to public service by gathering, analyzing, and disseminating unbiased information on Maine's natural resources.
Maine Water Utilities Association
- Advocates for the water supply profession. Provides information about committees, directors, special events, and a newsletter.
- Provides information on recycling, waste management, waste reduction in Maine, including free educational resources and planning documents for local communities.
Regional Association for Research on the Gulf of Maine (RARGOM)
- Association of institutions which have active research interests in the gulf and its watershed. Includes, informative links to marine research.
RESTORE the North Woods
- Organization devoted to restoring damaged ecosystems, degraded habitats and native wildlife.
SOS - Save Our Shores
- Grass-roots, volunteer organization seeking to educate the public to maintain and preserve the coastal heritage. Features newsletter, legislative updates, membership, mailing list, and links.
Gulf of Maine Expedition2002
- A kayaking expedition going from the Gulf of Maine and Nova Scotia, Canada. Purpose was to record the state of the coastal ecosystem and raise awareness about the environment and to encourage people to use low-impact recreational watercraft in this region. Page includes final report (in PDF) and general facts about the area. (January 01, 2002)
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2013 at 5:15:09 UTC -