become an editor
the entire directory
only in Maine/Education
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Maine: Education
Colleges and Universities
Vocational and Technical
English as a Second Language
Reference: Education: K through 12: Technology
Regional: North America: United States: Education
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Education
Acadia Center for English Immersion
- Summer English courses for adults, with small classes, expert teachers, near ocean beaches and national park: an unforgettable learning vacation. Brochures, fees, program dates, photographs, and map provided.
Bangor Theological Seminary
- A center established for theological study in northern New England. Admissions, course descriptions, degrees, and campus information.
- This is more than a youth camp. Established by the Kennedy family, Kieve is a leader in promoting 'skills in decision making and problem solving among youth.'
Darling Marine Center, University of Maine
- A marine laboratory. Part of the University of Maine and School of Marine Sciences.
Education America Network: Maine
- Resource for educational career seekers to find teaching jobs. Part of a national site. Database for Maine is limited.
- Support group dedicated to the graduates and other alumni of Elan School. Photographs, private chat, discussion board, and resources available.
ISANNE: Independent Schools Association of Northern New England
- A complete listing of New England, including Maine's Independent Schools.
- Promotes learning through community involvement. Provides information about student service learning projects, professional development, calendar, and publications.
The Landing School of Boatbuilding and Design
- Offers state-of-the-art boatbuilding, yacht design, and marine systems technicians programs. Located in Kennebunkport.
Learning for Life
- Provides classroom and worksite programs for schools and youth serving organizations. Good educational resource for the entire family.
LEO: Librarians and Educators Online
- A consulting company in Stonington specializing in helping schools and libraries integrate technology.
Maine Administrators of Services for Children with Disabilities
- MADSEC is the professional association for administrators of special education in Maine. Provides newsletter, committees, the law, workship photographs, membership, and contact information.
Maine Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- A professional organization for educators that provides continuing education and professional development opportunities.
Maine Criminal Justice Academy
- Provides training for all law enforcement officers in the state. Includes requirements, forms, dates, library, and contact information.
Maine Forensics Association
- Organizational body for Speech, Debate, and Student Congress competition within the state. Includes tournament schedule, forms, coaches manual, judge training, archived documents, and forum.
Maine Learning Technology Initiative
- Provides information about program that provided laptops to all students in the 7th and 8th grade. Features history, student projects, curriculum resources, press, and news.
Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance
- A non-profit partnership of educational, business, research, and community leaders. Excellent resource with links to curriculum programs, standards, professional opportunities, electronic networking, grants and awards.
Maine Pathways to STEM
- Searchable database for those interested in pursuing or promoting science, technology, engineering and math education (STEM) in Maine.
The Maine Principals' Association
- General information about the MPA and public school activities. Sponsors invitational sports championships and activities for young men and women attending high school.
Maine School and Library Net
- Resource to locate schools and libraries in the state.
Maine School Management Association
- Links to Legislative information, superintendent and school boards in Maine.
Maine Schools on the Web
- A wide listing of schools, including K-12, private, colleges, and universities.
Maine State PTA
- Professional organization for Maine parents dedicated to improving the lives of children.
- Features University of Southern Maine's Department of Communication and Media Studies program.
Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory
- The largest cold water research facility in the Eastern US for the study of various aspects of the physiology of marine and fresh water fauna.
Outward Bound: Reach New Heights
- An affiliated school in Rockland offering Hurricane Island Outward Bound courses and adventures on the rugged, coast of Maine.
Summer Field Studies-College of the Atlantic
- Undergraduate, graduate, children's camp, and family summer programs inspired by the resources along the coast and in Acadia National Park.
University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- Links to 16 County offices, resources, publications, topics of local interest.
University of Maine System: Distance Learning
- Currently, 31 degree and certificate programs available. Over 100 online and ITV courses. Provides information, course descriptions, tution, and FAQs.
University of Maine System: Mariner Gateway
- Links to electronic, academic research in Maine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, August 12, 2013 11:59:10 AM EDT -