become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parks/State_Parks
Travel and Tourism
Breaks Interstate Park
Kentucky Department of Parks
- Entry point for information on all Kentucky State Parks.
Bat Cave State Nature Preserve
- Features two cave systems, a rare bat winter roost and rare plants in Carter County. Includes a description, activities and directions.
Big Bone Lick State Park
- Ancient creatures like the mammoth, mastodon, ground sloth and bison once roamed through mineral springs and swamps now grassy plains covered with trees and shrubs. Provides information about camping, buffalo herd, activities and museum.
Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Home to more than 20 caverns, those explored and those not yet charted, winding beneath its forested hills. Includes information about lodging, dining and camping.
John James Audubon State Park
- Preserves the woods where the famed naturalist walked as he observed the subjects of his paintings. Includes information about camping, lodging, museum and nature center.
Kenlake State Resort Park
- Vacation and business retreat located on the mid-west shore of Kentucky Lake. Includes information about lodging, dining, camping and things to do.
Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park
- One of three state resort parks near Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, a 170,000-acre wooded peninsula bound by Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. Includes information about lodging, dining, camping, golf and other activities.
Kentucky State Parks: Lake Barkley State Resort Park
- Rests on the shores of one of the world's largest man-made lakes and provides for an array of outdoor activity. Includes FAQs and reservations information.
Kingdom Come State Park
- Located near the Kentucky-Virginia border and features rock formations and a natural sandstone bridge. Includes information about activities, lodging and reservations.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park
- Home to a natural sandstone arch that stands like a sentinel over a mountain hideaway. Includes information about lodging, camping, dining and things to do.
Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site
- Features museum, monuments, gift shop, nature trails and yearly Civil War reenactment. Location, map and contact information.
Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- The first Kentucky State Park, created in 1924, has its lodge and trails embellished by rockwork crafted by stonemasons of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 17, 2014 at 7:24:05 UTC -