become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: Kentucky: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
The Brennan House and Medical Office Museum
- Offers tours of Victorian mansion built in 1868. Includes floorplan, history of the home, information about the collection, membership, volunteerism, and directions.
The Conrad Caldwell House Museum
- Includes a virtual online tour of the museum as well as pictures from special events including weddings, receptions, corporate meetings, and tea parties.
Farmington Historic Plantation
- Features a newly-restored fourteen-room Federal-style home that was the center of the 19th-century hemp plantation of John and Lucy Speed. Includes its history, a virtual tour, events, volunteer opportunities, educational programs, admission rates, and hours.
The Kentucky Derby Museum
- The museum offers visitors the chance to learn about the past and present of the thoroughbred industry.
Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
- Nonprofit organization founded in 1981 to promote and support art and craft excellence. Includes history, information about exhibits, events, membership and hours.
Kentucky Science Center
- Science, mathematics, and technology through hands-on exhibits, IMAX films, educational programs, and gift shop with books, videos, and gifts.
Louisville Slugger Museum
- Tells the story behind the bat and the family company that still creates it. Includes a visitor's guide, FAQs and directions.
The Portland Museum
- Features a 23-minute light and sound show about the Portland community and an arts and humanities gallery. Keeps seasonal hours.
Riverside, The Farnsley ~ Moremen Landing
- Features a pre-Civil war brick farmhouse, renovated and decorated with furnishing from 1830 to 1880. The visitors' center houses exhibits and information about the house. Includes events, hours, admission rates, programs, and directions.
Speed Art Museum
- Includes planning, museum, donation, collection, education, and membership information, calendar, links, FAQs, and program sponsors.
Thomas Edison House
- Home of the inventor who worked in Louisville as a telegrapher from 1866-67. Features some of his inventions. Includes hours, rates, events, and directions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 11, 2013 at 21:15:10 UTC -