become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Kentucky: Localities: L: Lexington: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Kentucky: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
American Academy of Equine Art
- Offers exhibitions of contemporary equine art. History, member galleries, events, and workshops.
American Saddlebred Museum
- Presents the traditions and heritage of this horse breed through the collection, preservation, and display of artifacts, fine art, photography and the written word. Includes a visitor's guide, membership details, news and features.
Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate
- Home of statesman Henry Clay offering information about the Clay family and life in 19th Century Lexington.
Aviation Museum of Kentucky
- Features restored aircraft and memorabilia, and flyable aircraft, a library, a membership form, and directions to Bluegrass Airport.
Explorium of Lexington
- Provides a hands-on environment for children to explore science, history, and culture. Includes a visitor's guide, hours and location.
- Dedicated to the care, collection, and exhibition of the decorative arts, including furniture, textiles, ceramics, and jewelry.
- Federal style home built in 1814 showcases a collection of furniture, antique porcelains and 19th century paintings, Civil War relics and memorabilia. Includes an overview, news and events, hours and directions.
International Museum of the Horse
- Located at the Kentucky Horse Park. Dedicated to the historical relationship between man and horse. Includes exhibition information.
Mary Todd Lincoln House
- Features information about the life of Mary Todd Lincoln, wife of President Abraham Lincoln. Includes visitor's guide and membership.
UK Anthropology Museum
- Acquires and maintains collections, supports research, and disseminates knowledge. Includes its history and mission.
University of Kentucky Art Museum
- Offers both permanent and changing exhibits, special events, and the May Lecture Series.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, September 20, 2013 10:00:29 AM EDT -