become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
The Abilities Fund
- Helps disabled people learn how to start a small business. Also, offers some financial support with startup costs. Page includes explanation of services, eligibility and list of events.
- Resources for disability training and support for individuals who are disabled and their families, for caregivers, health care workers and others.
The Iowa Able Foundation
- Offering loans to Iowans who need to purchase assistive technology such as specialized computers or software, wheelchairs, communication devices, home modifications, vehicle modifications and other devices. Includes loan application and success stories. Located in Centerville and Des Moines.
- Statewide information and referral service for people with disabilities, their families, service providers, and other members of the community. Includes program search, contacts and newsletters.
Iowa Radio Reading Information Service
- Serving Iowans who cannot read due to impaired vision or physical handicap. Includes history and organization, programming schedule, satellite stations map and newsletters.
North Start Community Services
- Rehabilitation service providing services so individuals with disabilities can live and work in their communities. Located in Waterloo, Waverly, Marshalltown, New Hampton, Charles City and Vinton.
- A private, non-profit, charitable organization located in Clear Lake, Iowa and dedicated to serving people with mental retardation and other disabilities. The Village provides residential, vocational, and therapeutic services to individuals throughout North Iowa.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 22:33:40 UTC -