become an editor
the entire directory
only in Iowa/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Fossils and Paleontology
Waste and Recycling
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Midwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
- Explores the prairie, pioneer farming, the story of corn, and the future of farming. Located in Waterloo.
Cedar River Festival Group
- Watershed nonprofit organization focused on the long-term sustainability of the Cedar River and its tributaries. Headquartered in Cedar Falls.
Conservation Districts of Iowa (CDI)
- Nonprofit organization devoted to providing educational programs on the conservation of soil, water, and other natural resources. Includes events, links to districts, membership form, employment opportunities and legislative issues. Located in Chariton.
- A photographic field guide and detailed account of Iowan reptiles and amphibians as well as related links.
Iowa Academy of Science
- Promotes scientific research, science education, public understanding of science, and recognition of excellence in these endeavors. Includes information about membership, publications, events and photographs. Located in Des Moines.
The Iowa Chapter of the Sierra Club
- Calendar, links to local groups. All programs and outings are open to the public.
Iowa Division of the International Association for Identification
- Law enforcement forensic articles on footwear, photography, fingerprints, DNA, and links to other forensic sites. Located in Mason City.
Iowa DNR: REAP
- Resource Enhancement and Protection program for the state's natural and cultural resources. Includes events, information about grant applications and previously funded projects.
Iowa Environmental Council
- Alliance of organizations and individuals working together to protect Iowa's natural environment. Overview of focus areas, background information, and news.
Iowa Lakes Valuation Project:
- Provides information about lakes usage, water quality, and perceptions. Includes alphabetical lists of lakes and counties.
Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
- Dedicated to protect, preserve and enhance the state's natural resources. Includes current projects, a FAQ, membership details, volunteerism, special events, and an outdoor recreation guide. Located in Des Moines.
Iowa Prairie Network
- Works to educate the public about prairies and preserve them. Includes calendar of events, action alerts, and FAQ.
Iowa Renewable Energy Association
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to educating Iowans about renewable energy. Includes news, educational workshop schedule, events, membership information and office hours. Located in Iowa City.
Iowa Renewable Fuels Association (IRFA)
- Fosters the development and growth of the state's renewable fuels industry through education, promotion and infrastructure development. FAQs, articles, news items, links, and resources.
Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge
- Reconstructing tallgrass prairie and restoring oak savanna on 8,654 acres of the Walnut Creek watershed in Jasper County. Includes history, information about activities and directions.
The SPRING Foundation
- This site helps Iowan's keep in touch with their state parks and issues surrounding the state parks.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 26, 2014 at 14:05:13 UTC -