become an editor
the entire directory
only in Des_Moines/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Iowa: Society and Culture
American Legion Riders of Iowa - Des Moines Charter Post 731
- Motorcycle enthusiasts riding in support of the American Legion and veterans, to promote motorcycle safety and in support of the community. Contains list of officers, bylaws and constitution, membership list, and requirements for membership.
Central Iowa Linux Users Group
- A group of Linux and other free Unix enthusiasts. Includes information about meetings and events, list of officers, articles and photographs.
Des Moines Macintosh Users Group
- News, e-mail list, list of officers, and membership information.
Des Moines Women's Club
- Membership offers an opportunity for new friendships, entertainment and learning experiences in the community. Includes information about events, programs, scholarships and an application.
Digital Arts Users Group
- Apple Macintosh user group. Contains meeting schedule, club profile, directory of board members and information about membership.
Greater Des Moines Community Foundation
- A charitable public foundation, established by community stakeholders for the purpose of improving the quality of life in the area by initiating programs, coordinating resources and supporting organizations that enhance education, community betterment, arts and culture, health, and human services.
Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Provides self-help home ownership opportunities for low-income working families through community partnerships which provide donations and volunteer labor. Page includes information about current projects, events and how to apply.
- Bringing lasting hope to the homeless and hurting of central Iowa. Provides a program to help homeless men rebuild their lives and provides meals to the needy.
Iowa Animal Rescue League
- Nonprofit animal shelter. Includes calendar of events, volunteer opportunities, and lost and found listings.
Marine Corps League Detachment 103
- Offers organizational and meeting information, list of officers.
- A Christ-centered home for women who are alone and facing an unexpected pregnancy. Counseling, education, life skill training, healthcare, parenting training, adoption assistance, and spiritual guidance.
Truth About Trade
- Recruits credible leadership, develops research, promotes trade in the media, and challenges its opponents. It supports expanded trade and advances in agriculture.
United Way of Central Iowa
- Serves the people in Polk, Dallas and Warren counties. Contains news, information, a directory and a place for online donations.
- Offers programs concerned with issues impacting Polk County's economically depressed areas. Includes descriptions, directory of board members, founder's biography and funding data.
Wallace House Foundation
- Builds communities through conversation about contemporary issues. Includes information about upcoming events, museum, membership, newsletters, map and directions.
YMCA of Greater Des Moines
- Branch addresses, camp information, program descriptions, and information about mission and values.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2013 at 5:24:08 UTC -