become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Indiana: Society and Culture: History
Civil War Infantry Units
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Society and Culture: History
Canal Society of Indiana
- Information on Indiana's historic canal system. Membership information and links to upcoming events also included.
Civil War Indiana
- Includes photographs, regimental histories, list of soldiers who died in Andersonville Prison, sales of books and links to sites related to Indiana and the Civil War.
County History Preservation Society
- Some general information on Hoosier history, and a capsule view of interesting events in each county.
- Celebrating Indiana automotive history. Includes automotive news, an events calendar, a list of Indiana built automobiles, an automotive bookstore and museums and collections open to the public.
- An eclectic personal web site providing an extensive history of the development, politics and decline of Gary, Indiana. Additional topics covered are steel processing, oldsmobiles, Marine Corps, military rifles and musical artist Jackie Wilson.
H-Indiana, H-Net Discussion
- An e-mail discussion list designed to bring together academics, history professionals, and anyone interested in the history of the 19th state.
Hoosier History Live!
- A weekly radio program that investigates forgotten Indiana state history. Hosted by Nelson Price. Includes show schedule, sponsorship support details, and archives.
Indiana Historical Bureau
- Provides programs and opportunities for Indiana's citizens to learn and teach about the history of their state.
Indiana Historical Society
- Works to collect, preserve, and promote the history of the 19th state. Includes collections, exhibitions, publications, and other programs.
Indiana Medical History Museum
- In 1896, the Central Indiana Hospital for the Insane opened its doors near Indianapolis. The Facility now houses museum and is open to the public.
Indiana Pioneer Cemetery Restoration Project
- Dedicated to identify, protect, restore and preserve abandoned or neglected sites within the state. Includes objectives, a list of county coordinators, and information about workshops.
Indiana University Northwest Library -- Calumet Regional Archives
- The mission of this organization is to collect, preserve, and make available records documenting the history of Indiana's Calumet Region. A master list of documents are featured.
Justly Proud: A German American Family in Indiana
- History, authored by Beverly Raffensperger Fauvre, of one Hoosier family of German heritage from 1836-1976 and stories of other influential Indianapolis families
Northern Indiana Center For History
- An South Bend historic site that showcases the 38-room Oliver mansion, Copshaholm; Voyages Gallery, which chronicles local history, and a Children's Museum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:15:02 PM EDT -