become an editor
the entire directory
only in Indiana/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Indiana: Science and Environment
Amateur Astronomy Organizations
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Department of Environmental Management
- Official site with sections for business, citizens, educators, researchers, and media. News of permits with online permit applications.
The Indiana 4-H Foundation
- A not-for-profit statewide organization that actively obtains contributions to support Indiana 4-H programs.
Indiana Academy of Science
- A non-profit organization promoting scientific research and in Indiana.
Indiana Astronomical Society
- Information on the organization, events, light pollution, photo album and membership.
Indiana Crop Improvement Association
- Details of services including seed certification, laboratory testing and other quality assurance programs.
Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- Provides information about the states wildlife resources and recreation. Includes tips on wildlife watching and reminders.
Indiana Division of Forestry
- Promotes and practices good stewardship of natural, recreational and cultural resources on the states public and private forest lands.
Indiana Division of the Izaak Walton League
- State chapter of the organization to conserve, maintain, protect and restore the soil, forest, water and other natural resources.
Indiana Environmental News
- Includes reports, statistics and green job opportunities available in the state.
Indiana Geological Survey
- Provides services that contribute to the wise stewardship of Indiana's energy, mineral, and ground-water resources. Includes staff directory, a mission statement and history, events, projects and publications. Located in Bloomington.
Indiana Soybean Alliance
- Conducts soybean promotion and research. Provides consumer information, producer information, industry information programs, and market development activities.
Indiana Wildlife Federation
- Promotes the conservation, sound management, and sustainable use of the states wildlife and habitats through education, advocacy, and action.
Indiana Woodland Steward
- Information on local forests, a calendar of events, and links to other forestry sites. A quarterly publication promoting the wise use of forest resources is also available.
Mike Walter's Indiana Earth Page
- Annotated links to sites about Indiana's environment.
A Model Wetlands Ordinance for Indiana Communities
- Presents a model wetlands protection ordinance compatible with state planning and zoning laws.
Natural Resources Commission
- An autonomous board that addresses issues pertaining to the Department of Natural Resources.
Netstate - Indiana
- Geographical information about the state. Includes elevations, longitude and latitudes, lakes, acreage, and regions.
- A bi-monthly, subscription based publication of articles and events related to the environment.
Protect Our Woods
- Non-profit organization working to preserve and protect forests, air and water in rural southern Indiana. Detailed profiles of board members.
Sustainable Indiana, Inc.
- Not for Profit based in Crawfordsville geared towards networking, education, sharing, outreach and building community aspects of sustainable living.
Wildlife Diversity Section
- Responsible for the conservation and management of over 750 species of non-game and endangered wildlife. Includes lists of species and resources.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:35:04 AM EDT -