become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parks/Conservation_Areas
Travel and Tourism
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Travel and Tourism: Parks: Conservation Areas
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Science and Environment: Animal Life
Anderson Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area
- The lake has 1,134 surface acres with a maximum depth of six feet and an average depth of four feet. Located in Fulton County. Information on Boating, camping, fishing, hunting, natural features, picnicking, and directions provided.
Banner Marsh State Fish and Wildlife Area
- Located approximately 25 miles southwest of Peoria, this area provides various outdoor activities, including hunting, fishing, boating, dog training, picnicking, wildlife observation and photography.
Cache River State Natural Area
- 11,768 acres composed of two distinct management units, the Little Black Slough and the Lower Cache, situated on the Cache River in Johnson and Pulaski counties.
Coffeen Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area
- Twenty-two species of fish are present in the lake, but most anglers seek bass, white crappie and channel catfish. The heated discharge of the Coffeen Power Station affects 73% of the surface water.
Des Plaines Fish and Wildlife Area
- A tranquil setting, flowing rivers, and natural prairie land - the Des Plaines Fish and Wildlife Area has it all! Visitors will delight in the abundance of wildlife, restful picnic areas and variety of sportfishing species.
Donnelley/Depue State Fish and Wildlife Areas
- Frank C. Bellrose, world-renown waterfowl expert, has designated this Great Bend as the entry point to the lower Illinois River valley, an important North American waterfowl migration corridor.
GORP: Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
- Guide to Crab Orchard and Cypress Creek wildlife refuges in southern Illinois. Both offer hiking and biking trails, and birding opportunities.
Green River State Wildlife Area
- A wildlife restoration area popular among hunters, horseback riders, hikers, birders and other outdoor enthusiasts. Located in Harmon, just north of the Ohio border.
Heidecke Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area
- This 1,800 Acres-Commonwealth Edison cooling lake offers fishing, boating, and hunting opportunities. Located in Morris.
Illinois River National Wildlife and Fish Refuges
- Forms vital links in a chain of life-sustaining refuges within the Mississippi Flyway. The refuges are composed of four units along 125 miles of the Illinois River. Includes access regulations, bird and wildlife diversity, and management. Offices located in Havana.
Kaskaskia River State Fish and Wildlife Area
- The area contains 36 miles of channelized river, plus additional oxbows, creeks, and river bottom lakes for the angler to enjoy.
LaSalle Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area
- LaSalle Lake, a manmade, 2,058-acre lake 8 miles southeast of Marseilles, popular among anglers.
Mazonia/Braidwood State Fish and Wildlife Area
- Consists of 1,017 acres and is located in Grundy County 3 miles southwest of Braidwood in Braceville. Offers fishing, hunting and boating.
Silver Springs State Fish and Wildlife Area
- A pool of clear bubbling water which sparkles like silver on sunny days provides the basis for the name. Even on extremely cold days, this pool does not freeze, and visitors marvel at the bordering beds of watercress. Located in Yorkville.
William W. Powers Conservation Area
- A 160-acre tract was acquired by the state in 1947 and became known as the Wolf Lake Conservation Area. Other acquisitions have now increased the area, near Chicago, to 580 acres, of which 419 acres are water.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:50:16 PM EST -