become an editor
the entire directory
only in Illinois/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
By Metro Area
Conservation and Endangered Species
Zoos and Aquariums
Argonne National Laboratory
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Midwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
The Critical Trends Assessment Program
- Reports, protocols, and other information about and from an ongoing effort to access Illinois' major sources of standardized quantitative biological data on inventory and monitoring of forests, wetlands, grasslands, and streams.
The Conservation Foundation
- Non-profit land and watershed protection organization. Includes news, list of projects, and membership information.
ILCF - Illinois Conservation Foundation
- Preserves and enhances precious natural resources by supporting and fostering ecological, educational, and recreational programs. Includes program overviews, special events, donation forms, links, and contacts.
Illinois Clean Coal Institute (ICCI)
- Research and development program with emphasis on continued utilization, environmentally clean burning, and new markets for Illinois Basin coals. News and events, research, and staff listing.
Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Find out what's new at the Department, learn its history, follow legislation, download applications for licenses or permits, purchase conservation merchandise, or just learn more about the world. Publications, museums, kids and education featured.
Illinois Drycleaner Environmental Response Trust Fund
- Established in response to requests by operators of retail drycleaning facilities to have financial resources available to pay for the cleanup of spills and/or leaks from their drycleaning machines and solvent storage units. Features details on its licensing, insurance, and remedial programs.
Illinois Environmental Council
- Promotes sound environmental policy and protections for land, air, water, wildlife, and human health in the State of Illinois. Provides programs of education, policy study, publication, and outreach for groups and individual members.
Illinois Environmental Health Association
- A state-wide, non-profit organization promoting environmental health through the mutual exchange of knowledge and experience through various disciplines.
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Information about permit application forms, vehicle emissions testing station locations, annual reports on the state's environmental conditions, the history and organizational structure of the Illinois EPA, and contact information.
Illinois Natural History Survey
- Includes information on state flora and fauna, wetlands, ecological research, and related topics.
Illinois Nature Preserves Commission
- Preserving, protecting, and defending the resources of Illinois for the benefit of the public. Also, offers support and resources for private landowners.
Illinois Solar Energy Association
- Seeks to provide education and resources through monthly meetings, sponsored events, expositions, and competitions. Site features educational articles, newsletter, rebate program information and links.
Illinois Steward Magazine
- Online back issues of the magazine focused on efforts to conserve and protect Illinois' natural resources and heritage. From the Illinois Extension Service.
- Photographs, distribution maps, and detailed descriptions of many species by John Hilty.
Keep Illinois Beautiful
- Works to improve the environment through education, public awareness, and community involvement.
State Microscopical Society of Illinois
- Organization of amateur and professional microscopists. Information about monthly meetings, workshops, and other events, and how to join.
Usenet sci.environment -
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 11:35:05 UTC -