become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parks/State_Parks
Travel and Tourism
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Regions: Northwestern Illinois: Travel and Tourism: Parks: State Parks
Apple River Canyon State Park
- In the hilly northwest part of Illinois in Jo Daviess County. Limestone bluffs, deep ravines, springs, streams and wildlife characterize this area which offers camping, fishing, hiking, and picnicking. In winter sledding along the rolling hills is popular.
Castle Rock State Park
- This park offers fishing, camping, hiking, picnicking, and hunting. A sandstone bluff, adjacent to the river, has given the park its name. Located three miles south of Oregon, Illinois on Highway 2.
Delabar State Park
- Located on the Mississippi River about 1 1/2 miles north of Oquawka near Illinois Route 164, Delabar State Park offers quality outdoor experiences for anglers, hikers, campers and picnickers.
Franklin Creek Natural Area
- Located in Lee County, one mile northwest of the village of Franklin Grove. Offers picnicking, hiking, horse riding, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, fishing, and limited hunting.
Hennepin Canal Parkway State Park
- 104.5-mile linear park which spans five counties (Rock Island, Bureau, Henry, Lee and Whiteside). Activities include picnicking, hiking, fishing, bicycling, boating, hunting, horseback riding, and winter sports. The park has the longest snowmobile trail in the state.
Johnson-Sauk Trail State Park
- Located off Illinois Route 78, Johnson-Sauk Trail is 6 miles south of Interstate 80 and 5 miles north of Kewanee. Popular activities include camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, and winter sports.
Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park
- Highlighted by a 40-acre lake and all the recreational opportunities there, the park also offers nature and equestrian trails, picnic areas, and RV, tent, equestrian and youth group campgrounds. The park is six miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin state line and three miles north of Lena.
Lowden State Park
- One of the most picturesque sites along the Rock River is just north of Oregon in Ogle County. This park offer fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and picnicking. One attraction is a 50-foot statue, a tribute to Native Americans.
Mississippi Palisades State Park
- Located near the confluence of the Mississippi and Apple rivers 3 miles north of Savanna in Carroll County. Hiking, picnicking, fishing, boating, hunting, cross-country skiing, sledding, and ice fishing are popular activities.
Morrison-Rockwood State Park
- Comprised of 1,150 acres, located north of Morrison in Whiteside County. Recreational opportunities include fishing and boating on Lake Carlton, camping, hiking, horseback riding, and picnicking.
Prophetstown State Park
- On the northeast edge of the city along the south bank of the Rock River in Whiteside County. Once the site of an American Indian village, the 53-acre park, offering a variety of recreational facilities, derives its name from the Native American prophet Wa-bo-kie-sheik.
Rock Cut State Park
- Two lakes set off the park's 3,092 acres. Pierce Lake, with 162 acres, is a retreat for people wanting to fish, ice fish or ice skate. A second 50-acre Olson Lake is especially for swimmers. Rounding out the park's recreational options are camping, hiking, horseback trails, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
Rock Island Trail State Park
- Stretching for 26 miles from Alta, in Peoria County, to Toulon, in Stark County, the park offers many natural and architectural attractions in a tree-canopied corridor that is only 50 to 100 feet wide. Hikers, bikers and skiers will enjoy more than 26 miles of uninterrupted nature.
Shabbona Lake State Recreation Area
- Features 1,550 acres of rolling prairie and a 318.8 acre man-made fishing lake. Includes recreational activities overview, concessions and hours.
White Pines Forest State Park
- This charming 385-acre park is the south boundary of the old Chicago-Iowa Trail. There are plenty of outdoor recreation activities, such as hiking, fishing, camping, bicycling and picnicking.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:50:21 PM EST -