become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chicago/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Metro Areas: Chicago: Science and Environment
Argonne National Laboratory
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Lake County, Illinois
Chicago, City of
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Regions: Northeastern Illinois: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Science and Environment
Calumet Ecological Park Association (CEPA)
- Advocates the establishment of an ecological park in the Lake Calumet area and northwest Indiana. Membership application, and views and benefits of this advocacy program are featured.
Chicago Audubon Society
- Serves the Chicago area. Site includes conservation news, calendar of events, newsletter archives, and a rare bird alert.
Chicago Botanic Garden
- 385-acre botanic garden in Glencoe offers 24 gardens with plants, flowers, greenhouses, educational classes and plant information. Events, visitor and membership information.
- Includes a transcript of a 1902 report on the area's geology, plus outlines and photos of field trips to points of geologic interest in and around the city.
- Regional alliance of more than 260 public and private organizations working together to protect, restore, study and manage the precious natural ecosystems of the Chicago region for the benefit of the public. Includes news, initiatives, places and resources.
Chicago Wilderness Habitat Project
- Information about training and monitoring activities, including plant surveys, frog monitoring, and important bird areas.
Chicago Wilderness Magazine
- Quarterly magazine that offers news, articles, and features centered around the region's natural wonders. Includes secure subscription form, news of the wild, current issue, back issues' archive, and message board.
Chicagoland Environmental Network
- Resource on issues, volunteer opportunities, organizations, and resources in northeastern Illinois. Directory of member organizations and agencies, job opportunities, events, volunteer opportunities, and other news and information.
Lake-Cook Audubon Society
- Chapter of the Illinois Audubon Society based in Highland Park. Information on bird walks and programs.
A Naturalist's Tour of Southern Lake Michigan
- Naturalist Joel Greenberg shares his eight favorite natural areas in the Chicagoland region.
Northwest Suburban Astronomers
- Club based in the northwest suburbs of Chicago provides membership information, event calendar including star parties, tips for beginners, reading suggestions, observing information and photo gallery.
Partners for Clean Air
- Grass-roots coalition of regional government, business and community organizations. Features advocacy, legislation issues, a smog alert email newsletter, a Midwest HazeCam, air quality index, reports and forecasts and ozone data.
vPlants - A Virtual Herbarium of the Chicago Region
- Searchable and browsable catalog of the herbarium collections of the Morton Arboretum, Field Museum, and Chicago Botanic Garden, including photos of many of the plant specimens.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 21, 2012 at 3:51:30 UTC -