become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rockford/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Localities: R: Rockford: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Counties: Winnebago: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Metro Areas: Rockford: Society and Culture
Boy Scout Troop 57
- Co-chartered to Alpine Lutheran Church and the Alpine Scouters Association, for boys ages 11 through 17. Information about program activities, membership, and resource links.
Easter Seals CDC
- Charitable organization provides services for children and adults with disabilities and special needs.
Howard Center for Family, Religion, and Society
- Non-profit research center that believes that the natural family is the fundamental unit of society and offers research and analysis on the meaning of that claim. Includes information on programs, publications and contacts.
Junior League of Rockford
- Tour the Designer Showcase Home, find out about meetings, events, cookbooks, and projects such as M.A.Y.A.'S House.
The Literacy Council
- a not-for-profit agency that provides free reading, writing, and English language instruction to adults, helping them to adequately function in today's society.
Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary
- No-kill shelter. Includes adoption center, list of needs, volunteer information, and kennel hours.
PAWS Humane Society
- Non-profit, no-kill, all-volunteer animal welfare organization. Includes list of available animals, information about donations and volunteerism, wish list, events, and contact form.
Rock Valley Heritage Kiwanis Club
- Serving the area since 1969. Includes its history, list of officers, and meeting schedule.
Rockford Area Libertarians
- Local chapter of the Libertarian Party. Features discussion forum, local and national news and events, press releases, and contacts.
Rockford Police Relief
- Mostly for police officers, but has a section on history of Rockford police department.
Rockford Rescue Mission
- Information about the programs of the interdenominational Christian rescue group caring for the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of men, women and children.
RockfordIllinois.com: History of Rockford
- Offers a chronological record of the city's past.
The Time Museum
- History of the Time Museum, an international collection of time-measuring devices, which closed in 1999.
United Way of Rock River Valley
- Unites local volunteers, agencies and members to improve lives in the community. Local programs, newsletter, and volunteer opportunities.
- Veterans helping veterans from the Vietnam era and later. Veteran issues, contact and joining information, veteran locator and message board.
- Offering decent, safe affordable housing to the economically disadvantaged. Formed as the result of outreach programs at Zion Lutheran Church.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 10:24:05 UTC -