become an editor
the entire directory
only in Museums/Science
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Localities: C: Chicago: Arts and Entertainment: Museums: Science
Reference: Museums: Science
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Localities: C: Chicago: Science and Environment
Chicago Adler Planetarium
- Founded in 1930, the Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum is the premier public resource for learning about astronomy discoveries.
International Museum of Surgical Science
- Features exhibits devoted to such subjects as radiology, orthopedics and pharmacy.
Museum of Science and Industry
- Over two million visitors per year enjoy the creation of Chicago businessman Julius Rosenwald, who in 1933 opened America's first center for "industrial enlightenment", a vehicle for public science education, where visitors could interact with the exhibits, not just view displays and artifacts.
Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- Examines the relationship between people and nature, exploring the ways in which humans impact their environment. Located in Lincoln Park.
The Field Museum
- An internationally acclaimed museum and center for education and research in the natural sciences. Founded in 1893, its collection has grown to more than 20 million specimens. Noted strengths include evolutionary biology, paleontology, archaeology and ethnography.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:45:23 PM EST -