become an editor
the entire directory
only in Museums/Art_Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Art Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Localities: C: Chicago: Arts and Entertainment: Artists and Galleries: Galleries
The Art Institute of Chicago
- Houses more than 300,000 works of art within its 10 curatorial departments. Among its treasures are A Sunday Afternoon on La Grand Jatte--1884 by Georges Seurat, American Gothic by Grant Wood, Nighthawks by Edward Hopper, and 33 paintings by Claude Monet. Site provides floor plans and details of lectures, special events and courses.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art
- A not-for-profit organization promoting public awareness, understanding, and appreciation of intuitive and outsider art through education, exhibition, collecting and publishing.
Museum of Contemporary Art
- One of the nation's largest facilities devoted to contemporary art, the museum offers exhibitions of painting, sculpture, video, film and performance created since 1945.
National Museum of Mexican Art
- The first Mexican cultural center/museum in the Midwest and the largest in the nation.
Smart Museum of Art, David and Alfred
- Located on the University of Chicago's Hyde Park campus, and houses a permanent collection of over 7000 objects, spanning five centuries of both Western and Eastern civilizations.
Terra Museum of American Art
- Features a collection of over 700 works by American artists including Whistler, Homer, Sargent and Hopper. Hosts traveling exhibitions, tours, and lectures.
Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art
- Features cultural exhibitions, literary events, film screenings and music recitals. Includes map and slide show of permanent art exhibits.
Usenet bit.listserv.museum-l -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 30, 2014 at 22:48:54 UTC -