become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Education: Organizations
American Legion Boys State
- Boys State is a summer program for high school juniors sponsored by the American Legion in the operations of state and local government.
IASSW - Illinois Association of School Social Workers
- Focuses on improving the quality of life and education for children by enhancing the professional development of school social workers. Features information on conference and events, membership, legislative alert, employment, FAQs, and resources.
IDEA - Illinois Drafting Educators Association
- Not-for-profit professional education organization with a mission of advancing the drafting occupation through better education. Includes an annual fall workshop, high school student drafting contests, and job bank.
Illinois Business Education Association
- Promoting the profession and providing the environment and encouragement to improve professional endeavors. Information on publications, conferences, programs, and scholarships is provided.
Illinois Association of School Administrators
- affording leadership to the educational community.
Illinois Association of School Boards
- Provides support and networking of the state's local school boards.
Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- Promoting the standards of school business administration.
Illinois Coalition for Educating At-Risk Youth (ICEARY)
- Sponsors programs and an annual conference on methods and best practices for educating at-risk youth. Membership form and an events calendar are featured.
Illinois Education Association
- Serving the needs of children, teachers and school employees; promoting public education in Illinois.
Illinois Elementary School Association
- Regulates interscholastic activities in the state, including sports, scholastic bowl, speech and music competitions. Rules, results and events calendar, state records, and membership information.
Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Represents more than 75,000 teachers and paraprofessionals in schools throughout the state.
Illinois High School Association
- Regulates interscholastic competition in 12 sports for boys and 12 sports for girls, as well as 7 non-athletic activities. Features include real-time tickers for state final tournaments, the officials department, and Nevco Scoreboard ScoreZone.
Illinois High School Association Debate
- Provides tournament calendar, results, speech rule book, and tournament champions.
Illinois Latino Council on Higher Education (ILACHE)
- Promotes understanding and advocates on behalf of the needs of the Illinois Latino population as they pertain to higher education and support educators statewide. Job positions, board members, mission, and by-laws.
Illinois Loop: Education in Illinois
- An organization that reviews methods, curricula, dubious fads and other practices affecting how Illinois children are taught. Offers links to numerous outside articles.
Illinois Mathematics Teacher Educators (IMTE)
- Promotes the improvement of mathematics teacher education. Includes programs, services, meetings and events.
Illinois Music Educators Association
- The state's only professional association devoted to the advancement of a program of music education. Association overview, member and contact information, and events.
- Promoting the education, health and safety of children and families.
Illinois State Board of Education
- State agency overseeing public education.
Illinois Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Offers publications and forms for TRS members and employers. Also, features a benefits calculator and investment information.
IRTA - Illinois Retired Teachers Association
- A not-for-profit, non-partisan organization of retired educators. Includes legislation issues, news, links, committees, and a foundation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 27, 2011 at 0:58:24 UTC -