become an editor
the entire directory
only in DuPage/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Metro Areas: Chicago: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Regions: Northeastern Illinois: Society and Culture
Alliance Francise of DuPage County Illinois
- Social club for French-speaking friends in Chicago's western suburbs. Activities include lectures, films, cafe conversations, and book discussions. All levels of French are welcome.
- A grassroots, non-profit organization that provides transitional housing and programs to assist homeless families throughout the county. Includes details of its programs, participating apartment locations, and contact details. Offices in Glen Ellyn.
CASA of Dupage County
- Recruits, trains and supports volunteer citizen advocates to effectively speak to the best interests of abused, neglected and dependent children in juvenile and family court system. How to volunteer, events, and contacts.
- A club for single professionals to meet others through dining and dances.
DuPage Against War Now
- Grassroots citizens group opposed to the war on Iraq is active in networking with other peace groups, both local and nationally, and sponsors vigils and protests in and around the Glen Ellyn area. Upcoming events, news, commentaries, and links to related sites.
The Dupage Community Foundation
- A grantmaking foundation created in 1986 to benefit the people of DuPage County.
DuPage County Area Project, Inc.
- Private, non-profit organization that assists community groups in preventing juvenile delinquency by empowering the community. Organization and project overviews, news, and contact information. Based in Glendale Heights.
DuPage P.A.D.S., Inc.
- Works to end and prevent homelessness in DuPage county by providing overnight, transitional and permanent housing solutions, support services and community action.
DuPage Senior Citizens Council
- The council initiates, delivers, monitors and coordinates services that promote the ability of older persons to live their lives in dignity. Some services include: home delivered meal program, a minor home repair program, and a chore day program.
Easter Seals DuPage
- Provides services and support for children and adults with disabilities. Includes resources, services, volunteer and job opportunities.
NAMI of DuPage County, IL
- A grass roots, self-help, support and advocacy organization that protects the rights of the mentally ill and their families, and promotes and provides for their welfare through research, education, advocacy, and support.
Peoples Resource Center (PRC)
- Provides basic needs services and access programs to break the cycle of poverty for county residents.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 25, 2007 at 16:09:18 UTC -