become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Government_Agencies
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Health and Human Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mission is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability. Includes guidelines, articles and resources for consumers and health professionals.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Agency that administers Medicare, Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
- From the Dept. of Health and Human Services' Office of International and Refugee Health (OIRH), which is responsible for facilitating cooperation and providing policy guidance on refugee health policy issues.
National Center for Health Statistics
- Primary U.S. health statistical agency.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the NIH is the Federal focal point for health research. NIH is the steward of biomedical and behavioral research for the nation.
National Library of Medicine
- The world's largest medical library. It collects materials in all major areas of the health sciences and to a lesser degree in such areas as chemistry, physics, botany and zoology.
Office of the Surgeon General
- The Surgeon General of the United States is the nation's leading spokesman on matters of public health.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2009 at 11:02:37 UTC -