become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Hawaii: Society and Culture: History
Earthquake History of Hawaii
- Much of the early record of Hawaiian earthquakes comes from the diary of Mrs. Sarah J. Lyman, a missionary's wife at Hilo, on the Big Island of Hawaii. She began her account in 1833 and continued it until her death in 1885; this record was then continued for eleven more years by her descendants.
Electric Scotland: Princess Ka'iulani
- An evaluation of both the Scottish and Kanaka Maoli significance of Princess Ka'iulani.
Hawaii War Records Depository
- Information about the depository, which holds manuscripts, personal accounts, newspapers, photographs and ephemera documenting the impact of World War II upon Hawaii.
- The history of Hawaii's royal family, from King Kamehameha the Great to Queen Liliuokalani.
University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
- Library information, special collections, government documents, maps and searchable catalog.
World History Archives: Hawaiian Islands
- Includes historical information pertaining to the Hawaii - U.S. Treaties, the struggle for independence and Hawaiian social history.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 11, 2007 at 15:31:51 UTC -