become an editor
the entire directory
only in State_Government/Associations
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Professional Associations
Center for State Constitutional Studies
- Devoted to the study of state constitutions from the United States. Located at Rutgers University in Camden.
Council of State Governments
- Regional network provides news and research for people involved or interested in state government.
Environmental Council of the States (ECOS)
- National non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental commissioners.
Federation of Tax Administrators
- Organization of state tax officials. Includes comparative information on state tax agencies, rates, policies, and administration, as well as links to individual agencies.
Multistate Tax Commission
- Organization of state governments that works with taxpayers to administer tax laws that apply to multistate enterprises.
National Association of State Budget Officers
- Professional membership organization for state financial officers, serving as the instrument by which the states collectively advance state budget practices.
National Association of State Chief Information Officers
- Represents state chief information officers and information resource executives and managers from U.S. states, territories, and the District of Columbia. Information on the organization, professional resources, and current issues, particularly in the area of digital government.
National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA)
- Organization of state administrators of unemployment insurance laws, employment services, training programs, employment statistics and labor market information. Provides information exchange, liaison and advocacy.
National Conference of State Legislatures
- Provides information about state governing bodies, current legislation and reports, surveys, and policies. Certain portions are password-protected.
National Governors Association
- News and information from the National Governors Association (NGA) and the NGA Center for Best Practices. Information on the U.S. governors and dozens of U.S. domestic policy issues.
Southern Governors' Association
- Mission is to support the work of the governors by providing a bipartisan regional forum to help shape and implement national policy and to solve state and regional problems. Members are the governors of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia.
State Services Organization (SSO)
- Offering services to Washington-based state government organizations at the Hall of the States office building.
Western Governors' Association
- Non-partisan organization of governors of US states from Kansas to California as well as Alaska, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands. Annual meeting agenda.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 27, 2014 at 22:09:04 UTC -