become an editor
the entire directory
only in Destroyer/Decommissioned
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Military: Navy: Ships: Surface Combatant: Destroyer: Decommissioned
USS Arthur W. Radford
USS John Young
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Military: Navy: Ships: Decommissioned
USS Aaron Ward (DM 34)
- History of the ship and tributes to the crew. Survivor of 6 kamikaze attacks and 2 bombs during WW II.
USS Allen M. Sumner (DD-692)
- Photographs, history and crew information related to USS Sumner which served during World War II, Operation Crossroads Atom Bomb Test, Korean War, Suez Crisis, Cuban Blockade, and the Vietnam War.
USS Arnold J. Isbell (DD-869)
- Message board, photographs, history and stories related to USS Isbell. Named for Captain Arnold Isbell who was killed in action in 1945.
USS Bausell (DD-845) Association
- Reunion information, photos, memorials and a Ship's Store for the Gearing class destoyer that saw action during the Korean War.
USS Blandy (DD-943) Association
- Blandy Association, shipmate roster and reunions schedules.
USS Boyd (DD-544)
- Ship's history, photos, crew roster, memorials, and memorabilia.
USS Brownson (DD-868) Association
- Information on the Brownson Association and the ship along with photos and an archive of past newsletters.
USS Brownson (DD-868) Operation Highjump
- USS Brownson's (DD-868) Antarctic mission in 1946.
USS Bush (DD-529)
- Life aboard a World War II Fletcher class destroyer. Photos, deck logs, action reports, glossary, poetry, and recollections are included. Historical reference material.
USS Champlin (DD-601)
- Features, history, pictures, sounds, Officer/Crew list, and reunion information for USS Champlin DD-601, a WW II destroyer.
USS Charles H. Roan (DD853) Association
- History, reunion, ship store of USS Charles H. Roan (DD853). Named for Private First Class Roan (USMC) who was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor by President Harry Truman in July 1945.
USS Compton (DD-705)
- Dedicated to the officers and men that served onboard; offers association news, memoriam, history, and photos.
USS Cony (DD-508)
- Photographs, stories, "Navy Terms", and crew roster. Significant historical content related to battle action during WW II.
USS Damato (DD-871)
- Reunion information, ships specifications, links, history, and guest book for the USS Damato. Named in honor of Corporal Anthony Peter Damato, USMC. Damato was killed in action when he threw himself on a hand grenade to save the lives of his companions. He was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.
USS DeHaven (DD-727)
- Facts, information, ships log, messages and pictures about the USS DeHaven DD-727. Sumner class destroyer.
USS Duncan (DD/DDR-874)
- History of the Duncan, her namesake Lt. Silas Duncan, Cruisebooks, photos, documents, former crew online database, reunion newsletter.
USS Edson (DD-946) Association
- Reunion information, pictures, sea stories and Quarter Deck logbook. Member of the famous Destroyer Squadron TWO THREE "Little Beavers"
USS Forrest Sherman (DD-931)
- USS Forrest Sherman (DD-931) Last of the Great Gunships.
USS Gurke (DD-783)
- Destroyer USS Gurke DD-783 commissioned in 1945 and still in use by Greece as HS Tombazis D-215.
USS Gyatt (DD712, DDG712, DDG1, DD712)
- Ship's history, photos, specifications, list of captains, crew roster, and list of ports of call.
USS Haynsworth (DD-700)
- Features this destroyer's history, crew rosters, reunion photos.
USS Haynsworth (DD700)
- History of the Haynsworth and the men that server her. Reunion information.
USS Henry W .Tucker (DD-875)
- USS Henry W. Tucker (DD-875) 1945-1973.
USS Holder (DE-401 and DD-819) Association
- Offers crew members a look back at the ships, including photos, name lists, and merchandise. Namesake of LTjg Randolph Mitchell Holder, awarded the Navy Cross posthumously for his heroism.
USS Hopewell (DD-681)
- Reunions, Sea Stories and Pictures of this Fletcher Class tin can.
USS Hugh Purvis (DD-709) Association
- Sumner class destroyer commissioned on March 1, 1945 until June 15, 1972. Site offers photos, reunion new, sea stories, ship's history, awards, and guestbook. Namesake for Marine Corps Medal of Honor recipient Private Hugh Purvis during the Korean Campaign 1871.
USS Ingersoll (DD-652/DD-990) Vets
- History of this Fletcher class (DD-652) and Spruance class (DD-990) destroyers including photos, crewmember stories, reunions, and contacts. Namesake of ADM Royal Eason Ingersoll.
USS John R. Craig (DD-885)
- History, photographs, and crew lists of this Gearing class destroyer that participated in Operation Hardtack 1, atmospheric nuclear testing in 1958.
USS Kidd (DD-661)
- USS KIDD DD-661 and the Nautical Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Information about the ship as well as the charter and goals of the Nautical Center.
USS Laffey (DD-459/DD-724)
- Awards and commendations, photos, reunion news, and guestbook for the two USS LAFFEYs. Namesake for Medal of Honor recipient Seaman Bartlett Laffey, USN awarded for action on 5 March 1864. USS Laffey (DD 724) is part of the Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
USS Lloyd Thomas (DD-764)
- Gearing class destroyer named for LTjg Lloyd Thomas, a naval aviator who was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross. Site provides ship and crew photos, reunion news and dates, history, and related links.
USS Lowry (DD-770)
- Destroyerman who served aboard the LOWRY and their memories.
USS Macomb DD458/DMS23
- Collect, preserve and display historical information about the USS Macomb and her crew. Exhibit photographs, memorabilia, and documents furnished by shipmates.
USS Manley (DD940) Association
- The site and the Association are dedicated to bringing former crew members together.
USS Mansfield (DD-728)
- Sumner class destroyer that served during World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. Site offers sea stories, photos, the ship's history and awards, along with reunion news. Commissioned 14 April 1944 under the namesake of Sgt Duncan Mansfield, USMC.
USS Mayo (DD-422)
- Benson class destroyer. Site highlights include a ship's history, specifications, reunion news, sea stories, and photos. Namesake for Admiral Henry Thomas Mayo.
USS McKean (DD-784)
- Gearing class destroyer. Site offers the ship's history, awards, reunion news, photos, and guestbook. Namesake of Commodore William Wister McKean, commander of the Federal Gulf Squadron during the Civil War.
USS Morton (DD-948)
- Features news, a reunion calendar, photos, support and networking for former shipmates of this Forrest Sherman Class Destroyer.
USS Myles C Fox (DD-829)
- Biography of namesake, photos, ship history, newsletter, memorabilia, and reunion information.
USS Nicholas (DD/DDE-449) Association
- The first Fletcher-class destroyer, in photographs, documents and first-person accounts.
USS Picking (DD-685)
- Fletcher class destroyer that saw World War II and Korean War service. Site provides shipmate photos and stories, reunion news, and the ship's history and badges. Commissioned on September 21, 1943 until 1997 and named in honor of Captain Sherwood Picking, USN.
USS Putnam (DD-757)
- Site dedicated to the memory of a fine WWII naval destroyer.
USS Rathburne (DE/FF1057)
- A home page for USS Rathburne DE/FF-1057. Historical and crew information along with pictures.
USS Rich (DD/DDE-820)
- The life and times of this great ship in photos and word by the great sailors who crewed her.
USS Richard B. Anderson (DD-786)
- History of the ship and crew, along with photos, a guestbook, and reunion news of this Gearing class destroyer. Named for Private First Class Richard B. Anderson, USMC who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.
USS Richard S. Edwards (DD-950) Photo Album
- Photographs, crew roster, ships information and reunion data. Forrest Sherman class destroyer USS Richard S. Edwards.
USS Robert H. McCard (DD-822) Reunion Association
- Reunion, roster and contact information for those who have served on this Navy Destroyer.
USS Robert L Wilson (DD-847)
- Stories of the men who lived, worked and sailed aboard the Willy Boat.
USS Robinson (DD-562)
- A proud destroyer of the U. S. Navy 1944-46 and 1951-64.
USS Sproston (DD-577)
- Reunion Group.
USS Strong (DD-758) Association
- Home of the USS Strong (DD-758) Association. This website includes history, statistics, crew, pictures, and reunion information about the USS Strong.
USS Turner Joy (DD-951)
- Forrest Sherman class. History, tours, activities, events, ship's store and membership information.
USS Wainwright Veterans Association
- Reunion, crew and historical information on DD-62, DD-419, and DLG-28/CG-28.
USS Waldron (DD699) Alumni Association
- Crew's e-mail listings, reunion information, ship's history, and pictures of the Waldron.
USS Wedderburn (DD-684)
- Historical information about the USS Wedderburn DD-684.
USS William C. Lawe DD763
- Unofficial site containing information, pictures, and "Quarters" - a listing of former shipmates.
USS William R. Rush (DD/DDR-714) Association
- History, crew rosters, reunion information, sea stories, and photos.
USS Zellars (DD-777)
- Pictures, history, and crew information about USS Zellars DD-777.
USS/USCGC Lansing (WDE-488/DE/DER-388)
- US Navy Destroyer Escort (DE) Lansing that later became a US Coast Guard ship. Photographs, historical and reunion information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:24:03 AM EST -