become an editor
the entire directory
only in Navy/History
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars
Society: History: By Topic: Maritime
- Anaglyph stereo photos of historic U.S. Navy vessels.
The Former Subic Bay Naval Base
- Photos, history, memorabilia, message boards.
George Spangenberg's Oral History of Navy Aviation Procurement
- George A. Spangenberg's oral history of the Naval Aircraft acquisition process from WWII through the F-14. Includes memos, papers concerning design and procurement issues from that time period.
History of the US Navy
- A complete history of all US Carriers, Battleships, and Cruisers with more categories. Site also includes this month in naval history and photo of the month
Naval Historical Foundation
- Preserves and promotes the naval history of the U.S. News, events calendar, membership information, gift shop, and collections of photographs, research, and oral histories.
Naval History and Heritage Command
- The US Navy's official source of historical information, including numerous references and links.
Naval Station Sangley Point, Philippines
- Narrative history, and photos. NS Sangley Point was active from 1898-1971.
Point Honda Memorial
- Memorial for 23 sailors who perished in a naval accident at Point Honda (now Vandenburg Air Force Base), California, on 9/8/1923.
RADM Edward Ellsberg
- Historical archive of images, documents, and memorabilia.
U.S. Navy in the Spanish American War
- Site contains ship histories, battle histories and links to first-hand accounts of the American Spanish American War navy.
US Navy's Point Honda Disaster 1923
- During a world cruise in 1923, a Royal Navy signalman took photographs of the seven grounded USN destroyers off the Californian coast. This is an illustrated account of the tragedy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2012 at 15:31:38 UTC -