become an editor
the entire directory
only in Senate/History
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Legislative Branch: Senate: History
Senator Calhoun, John C.
Senator Clay, Henry
Senator Kennedy, Robert
Senator LaFollette, Robert
Senator McCarthy, Eugene
Senator McCarthy, Joe
Senator Thurmond, Strom
Senator Webster, Daniel
Senator Wellstone, Paul
U.S. Senate Historical Office
- The Senate's "institutional memory" collects and provides information on important events, precedents, dates, statistics, and historical comparisons of current and past Senate activities for use by members and staff, the media, scholars, and the general public.
Congressional Biographical Directory
- Input the name of any Senator or Congressman in history, and retrieve a biography or biographical information.
- Information from the Washington Post about the Iran-Contra Hearings in the U.S. Senate during the Reagan Administration, which featured witnesses such as Oliver North and John Poindexter.
League of Nations
- Woodrow Wilson struggled with the U.S. Senate to try to establish the League of Nations and the Treaty of Versailles at the end of World War I.
North Atlantic Treaty
- History of the North Atlantic Treaty that estacblished NATO, including its submission by President Truman to the U.S. Senate.
U.S. Senate Historical Statistics
- Lists senators since 1789, plus committee chairs, women, and minorities. Also, senators who have served longest, been appointed, changed parties, joined third parties, and become president. And, salaries, leaders, tie-breakers, chronology, meeting places, expulsions, censures, treaties, impeachments, and nominations.
Wikipedia: Senator Sam Ervin, Jr.
- Ervin chaired the Senate Watergate Committee that transfixed the nation and brought down President Richard Nixon.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 11:05:08 UTC -