become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Legislative_Branch
House of Representatives
Agencies that Support Congress
The Capitol Building
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Agencies: Independent: Office of Compliance
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Elections
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Law: Constitution: Article One
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Transparency
Society: Politics: Lobbying: Legislative Tracking Services
- An online journal of the U.S. legislative process maintained by the Library of Congress, named for Thomas Jefferson. Search bills and laws by number or keyword, find links to members of the House and Senate, calendars, text of historical documents, and the Congressional Record with roll call votes.
Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Search for information on members of the US Congress from 1774 to the present day by entering a name, position or state.
Birth of the Nation: The First Federal Congress, 1789-1791
- An online exhibit of the documentary history of the most productive Congress in U.S. history.
C-SPAN - Capitol Hearings
- Schedule of all the hearings for both houses of Congress, with audio.
The Center on Congress at Indiana University
- Explains the work and role of Congress. Includes an extensive series of articles with materials for teachers and journalists, surveys, media series and interactive learning modules.
Center on Congress at Indiana University
- Mission is to improve the public's understanding of Congress and to improve civic engagement. Shown are interactive studies, multiplayer online games for learning, teaching aids, commentaries and news.
Congress in the News
- Provides easy access to text of legislation currently in the news.
- Assists members of Congress in organization and education for their intellectual and social benefit and provides educational information about Congress to the general public.
Congressional Pictorial Directory - One Hundred Sixth Congress
- The online version of the Congressional Pictorial Directory for the 106th Congress, available on GPO Access.
Congressional Research Service Reports
- Legislative Process in the Congress (emphasis on the House of Representatives).
Congressional Sources on the Internet
- Directory of Congressional resources including the official pages for the US Senate and House, access to Congressional Archive collections, Roll Call Online, and a biographical directory of Congress from 1774-present.
Congressional Votes Database
- A Washington Post interactive database that lets you browse every vote in the U.S. Congress since 1991.
FedNet - VUGUV
- Live mobile-only video of the House and Senate floors, Congressional hearings and press conferences from around the Hill, including archives, free to American people.
GPO - FDsys: Congressional Hearings
- Selected Senate and House hearings.
GPO Access - Congressional Calendars
- Includes the Calendars of the U.S. House of Representatives and History of Legislation and the Senate Calendar of Business.
The Hill - Lawmaker Ratings
- Collected tabulated scores, by Senator and Representative, from Washington advocacy organizations.
Minority Members of Congress
- Lists ethnic minority (African-, Hispanic-, and Asian-American) members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, including links to their official websites.
National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
- An independent, bipartisan commission chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Online simulation where participants can pretend to be US Senators, members of Cabinet or Supreme Court Justices.
Washington Examiner - Answer Questions About Your Government
- Data on U.S. members of Congress, bills and resolutions, committees, and voting record.
Washington Post - A Close-Up Look at Congressional Wealth
- Analysis of the personal finances of all 535 members of Congress reveals how the nation’s lawmakers position their portfolios and how they win and lose money on Wall Street.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 23, 2015 at 19:45:11 UTC -