become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bill_of_Rights/5th_Amendment
Bill of Rights
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Law: Constitution: Bill of Rights: 5th Amendment
Eminent Domain Resource Center
- The Reason Foundation explores in depth the debate over taking private property for public use, with links to numerous resources related to the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment.
The Fifth Amendment and Takings of Private Property
- Includes information on the eminent domain clause in the Fifth Amendment, which states that a municipality may seize property only after "just" compensation.
Fifth Amendment Issues in Divorce Cases
- Provides that no person can be compelled to give evidence against them in divorce proceedings.
The Fifth Amendment, Self-Incrimination, and Gun Registration
- Information on mandatory gun registration and the infamous U.S. v. Haynes (1968) supreme court case.
Findlaw: U.S. Constitution: Fifth Amendment
- A resource on "Self incrimination" that also provides annotations.
Summary of Findings & Conclusions of the Citizens' Truth-In-Taxation Hearing
- Provides information on the legality of taxes and rights of the IRS, a common Fifth Amendment controversy.
Wikipedia: Miranda Warning
- Provides encyclopedic background information and common misconceptions regarding this device for warning people that they do not have to incriminate themselves.
Usenet talk.politics.misc -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2012 at 10:35:03 UTC -