become an editor
the entire directory
only in Department_of_the_Interior/Fish_and_Wildlife_Service
Department of the Interior
Fish and Wildlife Service
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of the Interior: Fish and Wildlife Service
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Regional: Oceania: Howland and Baker Islands
Regional: Oceania: Jarvis Island
Science: Biology: Ecology
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Agency with mission of conserving, protecting and enhancing fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
Branch of Habitat Assessment
- Provides ecological information and habitat assessment tools for protection, restoration and management of the nation's fish and wildlife. Also includes information on the National Wetlands Inventory.
Clark R. Bavin National Fish and Wildlife Forensics Laboratory
- Provides forensic support to U.S. and international wildlife law enforcement agencies. Describes the lab and its work.
Coastal Habitat Conservation Programs
- A division of Fish and Wildlife Management Assistance and Habitat Restoration working to conserve coastal resources to benefit present and future generations.
D.C. Booth Historic National Fish Hatchery
- Region 6 - Mountain Prairie Region fisheries program in Spearfish, SD.
Division of Bird Habitat Conservation
- Unit of the US Fish and Wildlife Service responsible for implementing the North American Waterfowl Management Plan, the North American Wetlands Conservation Act, and related programs to enhance wetlands and other habitat.
Division of Migratory Bird Management
- Information about management and monitoring programs, treaties, and related topics.
Endangered Species Program
- Includes species lists, FAQs, publications, and news and information on policies, listing and recovery activities, and outreach programs of the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Fisheries and Habitat Conservation
- Information and links on US Fish and Wildlife Service fisheries activities, fish hatcheries, and related topics.
FWS Environmental Quality Program
- Investigates effects of contaminants (pesticides and other toxics, and oil spills) on fish and wildlife and works to mitigate their adverse effects.
Hotchkiss National Fish Hatchery
- Region 6 - Mountain Prairie Region fisheries program in Hotchkiss, Colorado.
Jackson National Fish Hatchery
- Region 6 - Mountain Prairie Region fisheries program in Jackson, WY.
Jones Hole National Fish Hatchery
- Region 6 - Mountain Prairie Region fisheries program in Vernal, UT.
Leadville National Fish Hatchery
- Region 6 - Mountain Prairie fish hatchery in Leadville, Colorado.
Maryland Fisheries Resource Office
- Located in Annapolis, coordinates fish tagging programs in cooperation with federal and state agencies along the eastern seaboard to help monitor the status of stocks, restore fish populations, and set seasons on harvest.
Migratory Bird Conservation Commission
- Created by the Migratory Bird Conservation Act; focus is the acquisition of migratory bird habitat. Includes information on revenue sources and reports on program accomplishments.
National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program
- Description of National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's responsibility in conserving and restoring wetlands.
National Conservation Training Center (NCTC)
- Providing training and education services to the natural resource management community to better accomplish our common goal of conserving fish, wildlife, and their habitat.
New England Field Office
- USFWS programs in New England States and its territorial waters. Includes current news items.
New Jersey Field Office
- About FWS programs in the state and its territorial waters.
New York and Long Island Field Office
- Offices in Cortland and Islip, NY.
North American Waterfowl Management Plan
- Information about U.S.-Canada-Mexico cooperative efforts to restore waterfowl populations through habitat protection, restoration, and enhancement.
Office of Law Enforcement
- Contributes to Service efforts to manage ecosystems, save endangered species, conserve migratory birds, preserve wildlife habitat, restore fisheries, combat invasive species, and promote international wildlife conservation.
Partners for Fish and Wildlife
- Program that provides financial and technical assistance to private landowners interested in restoring degraded wildlife habitat on their property.
Saratoga National Fish Hatchery
- Region 6, Mountain-Prairie Region, located in Saratoga, WY. Produces trout broodstock and eggs and is involved in rearing and breeding the endangered Wyoming toad for reintroduction into the wild.
Shorebird Sister Schools Program
- Resources for teachers who wish to teach about shorebirds, Kids pages, migration routes and other resources.
Southwest Region 2
- Represents Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Texas conserving, protecting and enhancing fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service South Florida Ecological Services Office
- Mission is conserving, protecting and enhancing fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats in the area. Information about programs, specific endangered species, and other topics.
US FWS International Affairs
- Provides assistance to Nature Reserves and other protected natural areas, including implementation of Ramsar Wetland policies and CITES Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
USFWS Fisheries Program, Mountain-Prairie Region
- Information about the game fish and fisheries of Utah, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, and North and South Dakota, as well as species protection and river restoration projects in the Colorado, Jordan, and Platte Rivers.
Fish and Wildlife Service
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2013 at 8:05:08 UTC -