become an editor
the entire directory
only in Executive_Branch/Department_of_Housing_and_Urban_Development
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Housing and Urban Development
News and Media
Public Housing Agencies
Business: Real Estate
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Issues: Housing
Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning
Society: Issues: Housing
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Oversees home ownership, low-income housing assistance, fair housing laws, homelessness, aid for distressed neighborhoods, and housing development programs. Site provides details of HUD offices and programs, as well as resources for citizens, communities, contractors, local agencies, and researchers.
Government National Mortgage Association - Ginnie Mae
- Helps expand homeownership opportunities for all Americans and provides reliable and timely information for homebuyers, mortgage finance professionals, and securities investors.
- Information on reporting housing discrimination, problems with manufactured housing, or fraud, waste and abuse in land sales by developers, deceptive contractors, or in HUD funded programs.
HUD User - Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R)
- Contains valuable statistics for those interested in financing, developing, or managing affordable housing, including HUD-mandated rent and income levels for assisted housing programs (Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Section 8 and other) and Fair Market Rents.
Homelessness:Programs and the PeopleThey Serve
- 1999 study reporting on the causes and issues surrounding the homeless population, including the positive impact of federal aid and other programs.
Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims
- Through Section 203(h), the Federal Government helps victims in Presidentially designated disaster areas recover by making it easier for them to get mortgage loans and become homeowners or reestablish themselves as homeowners.
Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- Creates equal housing opportunities for all Americans by administering laws that prohibit discrimination in housing on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and familial status.
Office of Housing
- Since 1934, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has provided vital public services contributing to the health and well-being of individuals and communities through its nationally administered program. Now consolidated within the largest program office of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Office of Lead Hazard Control
- In December 1991 under Congressional authority, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) created the Office of Lead Hazard Control (formerly named the Office of Lead-Based Paint Abatement and Poisoning Prevention).
Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
- Every Federal agency is required to have an OSDBU to ensure that small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses and women-owned businesses are treated fairly and that they have an opportunity to compete and be selected for a fair amount of the agency's contract dollars.
Office of University Partnerships
- Helping colleges and universities join with their neighbors in addressing urban problems and in enabling students, faculty, and neighborhood organizations to work together to revitalize their communities.
Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- The Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) was created in 1998 as part of the HUD 2020 Management Reform Plan to serve as the focal point to reform, streamline and improve procurement operations Departmentwide.
Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- HUD's IG is the investigative body assigned to handle investigations of complaints related to HUD's funds.
- Guidelines for apartment hunting. How to approach the whole process systematically and know your rights.
State of the Cities Data Systems
- State of the Cities 2000 Fast-Look gives access to specific cities' historical census data, current employment statistics, and county business pattern databases.
Department of Housing and Urban Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:45:20 AM EDT -