become an editor
the entire directory
only in Department_of_Health_and_Human_Services/National_Institutes_of_Health
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Health and Human Services: National Institutes of Health
National Cancer Institute
National Eye Institute
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- One of the world's foremost medical research centers, the Federal focal point for health research and the steward of biomedical and behavioral research for the Nation.
Center for Scientific Review (CSR)
- Provides staff support in the formulation of grant application review policies and procedures.
DNA Resequencing and Genotyping (RS&G) Service
- provides quick and reliable DNA resequencing and genotyping of candidate genomic regions that may be important in the disease pathways of heart, lung, blood, and sleep diseases and disorders.
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Information for professionals and the general public about heart and vascular diseases, lung diseases, blood diseases and resources, and sleep disorders.
The National Human Genome Research Institute
- Leads the Human Genome Project for the National Institutes of Health, conducts cutting edge research in its laboratories and supports genomic science worldwide.
National Institute for Mental Health (NIMH)
- Provides information for the public and practitioners in the field of mental health.
National Institute of Aging
- Provides details of research and practical resources for the aging population.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- provides major support for scientists conducting research aimed at developing better ways to diagnose, treat and prevent the many infectious, immunologic and allergic diseases.
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
- The major Federal organization supporting research on arthritis. Publications, information about grants and clinical trials, meeting notices, and general information about the Institute and its work.
The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- Conducts and supports laboratory, clinical and epidemiological research on the reproductive, neurobiologic, developmental, and behavioral processes that determine and maintain the health of children, adults, families and populations.
National Institute of Dental & Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
- is to the promote the general health of the American people by improving their oral, dental and craniofacial health.
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- Conducts and supports research on kidney, urologic, hematologic, digestive, metabolic and endocrine diseases, as well as on diabetes and nutrition.
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- Conducts basic research on environmental health and environment-related diseases. Links to information on programs, grants, research, events, contracts, employment, training, outreach events, public information.
National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- part of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, supports basic biomedical research and training nationwide which lays the foundation for advances in disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- Research and clinical information on disorders of the brain and nervous system.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- Supports and conducts biomedical and behavioral research on the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems.
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- The mission of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
NIH Health Information
- Gateway to publications and online resources for consumers and professionals.
Office of Dietary Supplements
- Supports research and disseminates research results in the area of dietary supplements and also provides advice to other Federal agencies regarding the results.
The Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO)
- Advises the Director and NIH staff on matters related to equal employment opportunity programs and policies.
Office of Management Assessment
- Provides management oversight and advice to the NIH Institutes and Centers.
National Institutes of Health
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:05:05 AM EST -