become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oak_Ridge_National_Laboratory/Research_Areas
Department of Energy
DOE National Laboratories
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Energy: DOE National Laboratories: Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Research Areas
- ORNL is home to one of the nation's strongest materials sciences programs. Scientists at ORNL are involved in studies ranging from fundamental research to the latest applications of virtually all classes of materials.
- ORNL's initiative in complex biological systems draws on programs in comparative and functional genomics, structural biology, and computational biology and bioinformatics.
- ORNL's energy sciences program focuses on addressing energy problems through materials science, biotechnology, systems engineering, and technology development.
High Performance Computing
- ORNL's high-performance computing program deploys leading-edge computing and information technology capabilities to keep computational sciences at a level comparable to experimental sciences in the pursuit of scientific discovery and technical innovation.
- ORNL provides federal, state and local government agencies and departments with technology and expertise to support national and homeland security needs. This technology and expertise is also shared with industry to enhance the United States' economic competitiveness in world markets.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 22:58:39 UTC -