become an editor
the entire directory
only in Department_of_Defense/Defense_Agencies
Department of Defense
Defense Intelligence Agency
Defense Logistics Agency - DLA
National Imagery and Mapping Agency
National Reconnaissance Office
National Security Agency
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Commissions advanced research for DoD. It was founded in response to the surprise Sputnik launch in 1958 and fathered the Internet somewhere along the way. Site explains what they're looking for (Solicitations), how to do business with them, news releases on the latest gee-whiz technology, budget info.
Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia, DeCA operates a worldwide chain of 284 commissaries to provide groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families.
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Performs contract audits for the Department of Defense and some other agencies, and provides accounting and financial advisory services regarding contracts and subcontracts to all DoD Components responsible for procurement and contract administration.
Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost, and meet performance requirements.
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)
- The accounting firm of the Department of Defense (DoD). DFAS is responsible for identifying and implementing finance and accounting requirements, systems and functions for appropriated and non-appropriated funds, as well as working capital, revolving funds and trust fund activities.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Manager of the Global Information Grid (GIG), DISA is integrating hardware and software and constructing a common operating environment to sustain warfighters need for information anytime, anywhere.
Defense Legal Services Agency (DLSA)
- Office of General Counsel (GC, DoD), Oversees, as appropriate, legal services delivered by the military and civilian attorneys in all DoD components. In addition, the GC, DoD provides legal advice to the Secretary of Defense, the Deputy Secretary of Defense and other Senior DoD officials.
Defense Security Service (DSS)
- Provides security services to the Department of Defense and defense contractors. Mostly counter-espionage and physical security tasks. Formerly known as the Defense Investigative Service (DIS).
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- Consolidates a variety of disparate, yet related, Defense Department functions to deal more effectively with the threats posed by nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.
Missile Defense Agency
- Successor to the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI, "Star Wars") program. Develops and tests ballistic missile defense systems. History, photos, information about goals and technologies, and resources for prospective employees and contractors.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2014 at 5:03:16 UTC -