become an editor
the entire directory
only in Executive_Branch/Department_of_Agriculture
Department of Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Programs
National Animal Identification System
Natural Resources Conservation Service
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Legislative Branch: Senate: Committees: Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment: Agriculture
U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Enhancing the quality of life for the American people by supporting production of agriculture.
Agricultural Marketing Service
- Includes six commodity divisions - Cotton, Dairy, Fruit and Vegetable, Livestock and Seed, Poultry, and Tobacco. The divisions employ specialists who provide standardization, grading and market news services for those commodities.
Agricultural Marketing Service Farmers Markets
- Links to resources and information, an interactive map by states to find local markets, and a kids coloring book.
Agricultural Research Service (ARS)
- The main in-house research arm of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Research news, find-a-researcher, consumer and educational information on a wide range of topics in food, agriculture, pest management, and related areas.
Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service
- advances knowledge for agriculture, the environment, human health and well-being, and communities through national program leadership and federal assistance, in partnership with the nation's Land Grant University system.
Economic Research Service
- Provides economic analysis on efficiency, efficacy, and equity issues relating to agriculture, food, the environment, and rural development to improve public and private decisionmaking.
National Finance Center
- Designs, develops, implements, and operates cost effective financial, administrative, and management information systems and services supporting the missions of USDA and its customers.
National Organic Program
- The Rules include livestock welfare. The Final Rule (National Standards on Organic Agricultural Production and Handling), The National List, background and history, upcoming events, training, fact sheets, application for accreditation and commercial availability.
National Organic Standards Board
- Assists in the development of standards for substances to be used in organic production. Site offers an overview on the board membership, recommendations, meeting calendar, and archives.
Recall Information Center
- Recalls are voluntary actions carried out by industry in cooperation with Federal and State agencies. Products are recalled when found to be contaminated, adulterated, or misbranded. Site lists active and archived cases from both Federal and state agencies.
Rural Utilities Service
- Carries on the tradition of helping rural utilities expand and keep their technology up to date, helping establish new and vital services such as distance learning and telemedicine.
U.S. Agriculture Statutes
- Title 7 of the U.S. Code -- Agriculture
USDA Farm Service Agency
- Site has information on and applications for FSA farm loan, conservation reserve, and commodity programs. Also news, a directory of state and county FSA offices, and statistics regarding agricultural commodities, prices, and production.
Water Management Research Laboratory
- Information on the laboratory, its staff and its research. Develops irrigation and drainage water management practices and methods that use water efficiently, improve agricultural productivity and sustainability, and reduce negative environmental impacts of irrigated agriculture in semi-arid and arid areas.
Department of Agriculture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2013 at 6:15:09 UTC -