become an editor
the entire directory
only in Embassies_and_Consulates/Abroad
Embassies and Consulates
Regional: North America: Government: Embassies and Consulates: By Country of Origin
Society: Government: Embassies and Consulates: By Country of Origin
This category in other languages:
Afghanistan - Kabul
- Includes an Afghanistan photo gallery and a biography of the ambassador.
Angola - Luanda
- Includes information about U.S. Government policy regarding and aid to Angola.
Argentina - Buenos Aires
- With a CV of the ambassador and links to U.S. government sites.
Armenia - Yerevan
- Includes an archaeological/touristic gazetteer, with a map set for the historical monuments of Armenia.
Austria - Vienna
- Includes an American Reference Center which specializes in providing current information on U.S. foreign policy, European-U.S. relations, domestic politics, the environment, and economy.
Azerbaijan - Baku
- Includes a biography of the U.S. Ambassador, warden messages, embassy information and job vacancies. Content in English and Azeri.
Bahamas - Nassau
- Includes an explanation of the Naval Liaison Office and the U.S. Coast Guard Liaison Office.
Bangladesh - Dhaka
- Information about the ambassador, visa services, and trade and commerce.
Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
- Accredited to Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Montserrat, St. Barts, St. Eustatius and Saba, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Martin (both the French and Dutch sides), and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Located in Bridgetown, Barbados. Includes information on the Ambassador's Fund for HIV/AIDS.
Belarus - Minsk
- With information on bilateral relations, embassy services, and about the U.S.
Belgium - Brussels
- Offers news, policies, and information about the consulate, visas, and travel.
- Features information for travelers, as well as visa and passport information and hurricane prepararedness information for Belize.
Benin - Cotonou
- With recent news about U.S.-West African relations, and a list of attorneys and notaries practicing in Benin.
Bishkek - Kyrgyz Republic
- With security statements and press releases, in English and Russian.
Bolivia - La Paz
- Features the National Strategy for Combating Terrorism and the annual Narcotics Strategy Report. In English and Spanish.
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Sarajevo
- United States Embassy in Sarajevo with detailed consular information, press releases and academic exchange information.
Botswana - Gaborone
- As well as being accredited to Botswana, the ambassador is also the Secretary of State's Special Representative to the Southern Africa Development Community. Includes information about consular matters, the ambassador and the Office of Defense Cooperation.
Brazil - Brasilia
- With much information on commercial relations, and on visas. In English and Portuguese.
Brunei Darussalam - Bandar Seri Begawan
- Includes a brief history of Brunei-U.S. relations.
Bulgaria - Sofia
- With a detailed history of the complicated diplomatic relations between Bulgaria and the United States.
Burkina Faso - Ouagadougou
- Information on the embassy and ambassador, and an online registration function for U.S. citizens in Burkina Faso.
Cambodia - Phnom Penh
- With information about and contact details for the PW-MIA Office in Cambodia.
Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea
- Located in Yaounde, Cameroon, though accredited to both Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea. Consular information and services for U.S. citizens in English and French.
Canada - Vancouver, British Columbia
- United States Consulate-General located in downtown Vancouver. Offers visa services, citizen services, and application form library.
Cape Verde - Praia
- With facts and a brief history of the islands.
Caracas - Venezuela
- Includes detailed rules on how to prove that one is not likely at any time to become a public charge. In English and Spanish.
Chad - N'Djamena
- With much about the work of the Democracy and Development Office.
Colombia - Bogatá
- With a biography of the ambassador and of the deputy Chief of Mission, links to relevant U.S. government sites, and more in Spanish.
Congo, Democratic Republic of - Kinshasa
- With the ambassador's speeches in English and French.
Costa Rica - San José
- In English and Spanish, with a fact sheet on the U.S.-Costa Rica counter-narcotics maritime agreement.
Czech Republic - Prague
- With information about the United States and the Czech Republic, as well as consular/visa and commercial services.
Côte d'Ivoire - Abidjan
- With explanations of the roles of the various offices, including the Refugee Affairs Office, the U.S. Commercial Service West and Central Africa Regional Office, and the Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS). In English and French.
Denmark - Copenhagen
- With an FAQ on travel and work in the United States.
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
- With a section on drug control and anti-trafficking policies.
Egypt - Cairo
- Provides information related to travel, public affairs, regional issues, and upcoming events.
El Salvador - San Salvador
- Information about Embassy of the United States of America in El Salvador and its functions. Includes consular and contact information, and press releases. In English and Spanish.
Equatorial Guinea - Malabo
- Official website of the U.S. representative office in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, though the accredited ambassador resides in Yaounde, Cameroon. With links to U.S government and Equatorial Guinea sites.
Eritrea - Asmara
- With a list of key officers, and U.S. and Asmara postal addresses.
Estonia - Tallinn
- With a partial history of the "U.S. Nonrecognition Policy of the Soviet Takover of the Baltic States".
Ethiopia - Addis Ababa
- Includes an essay marking 100 years of US-Ethiopia diplomacy, and the text of the 1994 treaty to regulate the commercial relations between the two countries.
European Union - Brussels
- United States Mission to the European Union, with information on subjects such as defense, agriculture, competition policy, energy, environment, financial services, and Galileo.
Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga and Tuvalu
- Located in Suva and accredited to the Republic of the Fiji Islands, the Republic of Nauru, the Kingdom of Tonga, and Tuvalu. Includes a detailed list of Fiji's media businesses.
Finland - Helsinki
- Public affairs, consular and commercial services, defense information and news.
Gabon and Sao Tome and Principe
- Accredited to the Republic of Gabon and the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe, though located in Libreville, Gabon. Includes a summary of the two countries' geography and politics.
Georgia - Tbilisi
- Lists, with photos, U.S. assistance in Georgia. In English and Georgian.
Germany - Berlin
- Has information about the embassy in Berlin and the consulates in Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Leipzig, and München. In English and German.
Ghana - Accra
- With contact details for the various sections and officers of the embassy.
Greece - Athens
- Provides Consular assistance to Greeks and Americans, distributes news about American policy, and sponsors a number of programs in cooperation with Greek institutions.
Greece - Thessaloniki
- The American Consulate General in Thessaloniki Greece, serving the tens of thousands of U.S. citizens in Northern Greece and including information about United States policy.
Guatemala - Guatemala City
- Includes comment on the Free Trade Agreement between the U.S. and Central America. In English and Spanish.
Guinea - Conakry
- Has information about the Ambassador's Special Self Help Program, which permits U.S. Ambassadors in Least Developed Countries to finance quickly small, community-based development projects. In English and French.
Haiti - Port-au-Prince
- Covers the range of U.S. agencies represented in Haiti meeting bilateral Haitian-American interests.
Honduras - Tegucigalpa
- With contact details and information on visas and assistance to Americans, as well as about U.S.-Honduran relations.
Hong Kong and Macau
- As well as the consular section, includes the annual statements on U.S.-Hong Kong and U.S.-Macau relations.
Hungary - Budapest
- Includes visa information, events, news, and links to U.S. government organizations. In English and Hungarian.
Iceland - Reykjavik
- Includes comment on the Businesswomen’s Mentoring Initiative, a follow-up project to the 1999 Reykjavik Conference on Women and Democracy.
India - Calcutta
- United States Consulate General in Calcutta, serving Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
India - Mumbai
- With sections on SARS, WTO issues, and terrorism.
India - New Delhi
- Includes an explanation of the new criteria which determine whether one may apply for a visa by Drop Box without a personal interview.
Iraq - Baghdad
- Has information on the departments and offices of the United States Embassy in Baghdad.
Ireland - Dublin
- Embassy of the United States of America in Dublin, with a description of the history and architecture of the building.
Israel - Jerusalem
- Includes a history of the American consulate in Jerusalem since its founding in 1844.
Italy - Rome
- With links to Consulates General in Milan, Florence, and Naples. Includes the Federal Aviation Administration's regional office.
Jamaica - Kingston
- Includes consular and commercial information.
Japan - Fukuoka
- Offering consular and commercial services.
Japan - Nagoya
- United States Consulate in Nagoya, with information on US-Japan Relations in central Japan, public affairs, information and exchange activities and the Nagoya American Center.
Japan - Naha, Okinawa
- United States Consulate General in Naha, Okinawa. Includes information on how to apply or reapply for an American passport.
Japan - Sapporo
- United States Consulate General in Sapporo. Includes consular and commercial services, and information on the Sapporo American Center Reference Service.
Japan - Tokyo
- United States Embassy in Tokyo, offering and describing the full range of consular and inter-governmental services. Also has links to the consulates in Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Sapporo, and Naha.
Kazakhstan - Almaty
- Although Astana was officially named the new capital in December 1997, most foreign missions are still based in Almaty. Includes details of consular and commercial services.
Kenya - Nairobi
- Provides visa information, consular and travel, American citizen services, agriculture and contact details.
Kosovo - Pristina
- U.S. Embassy in Pristina which implements US policy by supporting Kosovo's transition to a democratic society. Information on current affairs, news in Kosovo, photos, and USAID.
- Including security messages from the Warden.
Laos - Vientiane
- Has press releases on U.S. assistance and on the trade agreement.
Lebanon - Beirut
- In English and Arabic, and with a complete list of former American Ambassadors to Lebanon.
Lesotho - Maseru
- Includes the Maseru Mountain Crier, the monthly newsletter of the U.S. Embassy and the American community in Lesotho.
Liberia - Monrovia
- Includes contact information for key officers of the Embassy of the United States of America to Liberia.
Lithuania - Vilnius
- With information on visas, green cards and U.S.-Lithuanian relations.
- United States Embassy to Luxembourg, with a history of Luxembourg and information on its economy and languages.
Macedonia - Skopje
- Includes a mission statement and a biography of the ambassador.
Malawi - Lilongwe
- Profiles the ambassador, and provides information on the consular section.
Mali - Bamako
- With a list of officers, and opening hours for each section of the embassy.
Malta - Valletta
- U.S. Embassy to Malta, with information on current issues, and a CV of the ambassador.
Marshall Islands and Kiribati
- Located in Majuro. Has contact details and a list of embassy officials.
Mauritania - Nouakchott
- Located in Nouakchott, and including a CV of the Ambassador of the United States of America to the Islamic Republic of Mauritania.
Mauritius - Port Louis
- With a list of Mauritian barristers and their CVs.
Mexico - Ciudad Juárez
- Consulate General with information on non-immigrant and immigrant visas, laser visas and services for American citizens.
Mexico - Mexico City
- Includes links to the consulates in Ciudad Juarez, Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Matamoros, Merida, Merida, Monterrey, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo, and Tijuana.
Micronesia - Kolonia
- US embassy to the island nation. Includes ambassador's biography, information for American citizens, and visa information.
Montenegro - Podgorica
- Representation of the US in Montenegro, listing forthcoming events including visits by prominent US persons.
Morocco - Rabat
- Includes information on the U.S.- Morocco Free Trade Agreement. Consular section located in Casablanca.
Mozambique - Maputo
- With Portuguese versions of some U.S. policy papers and speeches.
Nepal - Kathmandu
- In English and Nepalese, with a full list of U.S.-Nepalese treaties.
Netherlands - The Hague
- United States Embassy in The Hague. Includes a list of the Heads of Mission since 1781. Also has contact information for the Consulate General in Amsterdam.
New Zealand - Wellington
- Services, events and FAQ.
Nicaragua - Managua
- With information on the ambassador and about the consular section of the embassy in Managua.
Niger - Niamey
- Page include information about embassy news, US citizen services, and obtaining visas for this area.
Nigeria - Abuja
- Includes contact details for the consulate in Lagos.
Norway - Oslo
- With information about consular services.
OSCE - Vienna
- United States Mission to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. Includes the text of latest statements to the Permanent Council.
Pakistan - Islamabad
- United States Embassy in Islamabad, including a list of ambassadors since 1947.
Pakistan - Karachi
- United States Consulate in Karachi, with contact information and a biography of the consul.
Pakistan - Lahore
- United States Consulate in Lahore, with warden notices and information about visas.
Pakistan - Peshawar
- United States Consulate in Peshawar, including consular information and links to U.S. government sites.
Panama - Panama City
- With consular information and contact details.
Peru - Lima
- Provides information and updates related to travel, public affairs, regional issues and news.
Philippines - Manila
- United States Embassy in Manila, featuring official statements about current issues, and a Philippine Economic Outlook.
Poland - Warsaw
- In English and Polish. Includes information about the visa lottery.
Qatar - Doha
- With information on the ambassador, the new embassy building, and the U.S. mission in Qatar.
Russia - Moscow
- United States Embassy in Moscow, with information on U.S.-Russian co-operation, including the Defense Threat Reduction Office.
Russia - Saint Petersburg
- Consulate General in St. Petersburg, with a history of U.S. representation in the city. Has consular jurisdiction in Kaliningrad, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Karelia, Novgorod, Murmansk, Pskov, and Vyborg.
Rwanda - Kigali
- With contact details and links to US Government resources.
Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
- Has lists of attorneys, translators and tax service companies in the region.
Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
- With much about Iraq and U.S.-Middle East relations.
Senegal - Dakar
- Has a list of services available to American citizens.
Serbia - Belgrade
- Embassy of the United States in Belgrade. Includes press releases, news and updates on current issues and American foreign policy, information on the embassy's activities and visiting US, related links.
Sierra Leone - Freetown
- Has a history of Freetown's famous cotton tree.
- Includes comments on the US-Singapore Free Trade Agreement.
Slovenia - Ljubljana
- Explains Democracy Commission Grants; also with consular information.
South Africa - Pretoria
- Includes various official reports on South Africa, press releases, and a list of key officers in the Mission.
South Korea - Seoul
- With up-to-date information on developments on the Korean Peninsula.
Spain - Madrid
- Also covering Andorra. Includes an FAQ covering health care in the US.
Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Located in Colombo; accredited to both the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and the Republic of Maldives. Has information on both consular and commercial sections.
Swaziland - Mbabane
- Has contact information, opening hours, and information on the fight against HIV and AIDS.
Sweden - Stockholm
- Provides details of visa application procedures, the US Foreign Commercial and Agricultural Services' activities in the Baltic region, the Fullbright Commission on cultural and educational exchanges and information about the United States.
Switzerland - Berne
- Includes details about the embassy's operations, consular services, living and doing business in Switzerland, news and discussion of current issues in U.S. foreign policy.
Syria - Damascus
- Includes a brief history of U.S.-Syrian relations.
Taiwan - Taipei
- The American Institute in Taiwan, which acts as the de facto embassy. Includes an explanation of its role, information on U.S.-Taiwan relations, and its consular services.
Tajikistan - Dushanbe
- Includes lists of doctors and of lawyers near Dushanbe.
Tanzania - Dar es Salaam
- With advice on how to export agricultural products to the United States.
Togo - Lomé
- Uses various economic and health statistics to compare Togo to its neighbours. In English and French.
Trinidad and Tobago - Port of Spain
- With a CV of the ambassador, and information on the various types of visa available from the Embassy of the United States in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Tunisia - Tunis
- Includes the text of the ambassador's speeches. Mostly in English, though with some content in French.
Turkey - Ankara
- Provides information on U.S.-Turkish matters, and links to the consulates in Adana and Istanbul.
Turkey - Istanbul
- Information about the consular section, the policy of United States, products and services as well as education in USA.
Uganda - Kampala
- Describes the various offices in the Kampala embassy, including the library within the Information Resource Center.
Ukraine - Kyiv
- With information on applying for a visa, and a CV of the ambassador.
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- With facts about the embassy in Abu Dhabi and about the consulate-general in Dubai.
United Kingdom - Cardiff
- The Welsh Affairs Office in Cardiff, part of the London-based United States Embassy. Includes a list of and links to various Welsh-American connections.
United Kingdom - Edinburgh
- Established 1798, it is among the oldest American diplomatic establishments. Includes a list of Scottish law firms willing to handle cases involving American citizens.
United Kingdom - London
- With links and comments on the full range of inter-governmental contacts, including defence and economic, as well as consular services.
United Nations - Geneva
- Permanent Mission in Geneva, including a Briefing Book that describes the more than 60 International Organizations in Geneva.
Uruguay - Montevideo
- Includes a consular section with advice on travel with pets, guidance on U.S. visa policy and procedures, and on non-Immigrant visas.
Vietnam - Hanoi
- United States Embassy in Hanoi. Includes information about consular matters, embassy location, visas, travel warnings, and political and economic affairs.
Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City
- Includes advice for those wishing to adopt in Vietnam.
Yemen - Sana'a
- Information on U.S. policy, public affairs, visas and consular services for those interested in U.S.-Yemen relations.
Zambia - Lusaka
- Includes a CV of and comments from the ambassador.
Zimbabwe - Harare
- Has information on consular services, including American citizens services, immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and notarial services.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 2, 2015 at 3:40:29 UTC -