become an editor
the entire directory
only in Documents/Freedom_of_Information_Act
Freedom of Information Act
News: Journalism: Issues: First Amendment
Society: Issues: Government Operations: Freedom of Information
Citizen's Guide on Using the Freedom of Information Act
- Guide with text of both the Freedom of Information Act of 1966 and the Privacy Act of 1974. Created in 2005 as online text and PDF by the House Government Reform Committee, 85 pages.
Agency for Health Care Research and Quality FOI Electronic Reading Room
- Freedom of Information site for the Agency, including an index to documents in the electronic reading room.
Centers for Disease Control FOIA Office
- Freedom of Information Act Office for the Centers for Disease Control, as well as the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). Included at the site are publications, resources, contractor registries and significant FOIAs.
Commodity Futures Trading Commission FOIA
- Freedom of Information Act site for the CFTC provides links to statutes and regulations, reading room, electronic records, and frequently requested publications.
Department of Education FOIA
- This office advises the public and Department of Ed employees regarding FOIA requests and information available to the public.
Department of Homeland Security FOIA
- Accessing DHS records through the Freedom of Information Act
Department of Justice: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) information relating to the US Department of Justice and all federal agencies. Provides a useful reference guide and links to agency FOIA sites.
Department of Labor Freedom of Information Act
- Annual reports, hot documents and links to the agency's FOI resources.
Department of the Interior - FOIA
- Freedom of Information Act Office for the Department of the Interior, including an electronic reading room, FOIA guides and reference materials.
Environmental Protection Agency FOIA
- EPA's Freedom of Information Office.
FBI - Freedom of Information Act Reading Room
- Displays frequently requested documents on famous crimes and personalities released under the Freedom of Information Act.
Federal Aviation Administration FOIA Office
- Freedom of Information Act Office site from the FAA.
- Delivers documents acquired from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Over 150,000 documents are available, covering medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics, and foods.
FOIA Group, Inc. (FGI)
- FGI secures competitive information and government documents from federal, state and local sources.
HHS - Freedom of Information
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Freedom of Information site, including annual reports and frequently requested documents.
Indiana Coalition for Open Government
- A broad-based, citizen-oriented organization formed to educate citizens and to protect their rights to obtain access to public records and meetings.
NASA Headquarters FOIA
- The National Aeronautical and Space Administration's Freedom of Information Act site contains links to various FOIA offices throughout the agency, as well as links to the reading room and other NASA resources.
National Archives FOIA Reading Room
- Information about holdings of and use of the Research Rooms of the United States National Archives and Records Administration
National Freedom of Information Coalition
- A nonpartisan alliance of citizen-driven, nonprofit, freedom of information organizations working to protect the public's right to oversee its government.
National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration FOIA
- NOAA's Freedom of Information Act page provides users with reports, policies and guides on accessing public information in the agency.
National Park Service FOIA
- Hot documents and a few other links from the National Park Service's Freedom of Information Act.
National Science Foundation FOIA and Privacy Act Requests
- NSF Freedom of Information Act page has regulations, reports and handbooks about making FOIA requests, as well as commonly requested documents available online.
Pentagon Freedom of Information
- Main site for the Pentagon's administration of the Freedom of Information Act. It provides general FOIA information and links to other relevant Department of Defense FOIA organizations.
Securities and Exchange Commission FOIA
- The SEC Freedom of Information Act site explains the SEC's FOIA program and provides frequently requested documents, an electronic reading room and agency regulations.
Social Security Administration FOIA
- Regulations, annual reports, frequently requested documents and other resources pertaining to the Freedom of Information Act from the US Social Security Administration.
Society of Professional Journalists - Freedom of Information Resources
- Resources for journalists and the public on issues involving access to government records and activities and freedom of information education, including a discussion group.
Sunshine Week: Your Right to Know
- Promotes public access to government information through a set of national events. Issues information, media materials, ideas for activities, and background information on open government topics.
U.S. Department of State FOIA Electronic Reading Room
- Displays frequently requested documents released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA); special collections of continuing public interest; and regulations, policy statements, administrative rulings and manuals, and other reference materials.
U.S. Department of the Treasury - FOIA
- Main Freedom of Information Act site for the Department of the Treasury, including an electronic reading room and a list of the agency's major information systems.
U.S. Department of Transportation FOIA
- Freedom of Information Act office for the US Department of Transportation.
US Forest Service FOIA
- The Freedom of Information Act Office for the US Forest Service, including frequently requested records and a reference guide.
US Geological Service FOIA - Electronic Reading Room
- The Freedom of Information Act site for the USGS contains an organization chart, an electronic directory, instructional memoranda and other FOIA resources for the agency.
US Patent and Trademark Office FOIA
- The USPTO Freedom of Information Act office maintains an electronic reading room and regulations on its web site.
Veterans Affairs FOIA Center
- Main page for the VA's Freedom of Information Act information, providing access to annual FOIA reports and an electronic reading room.
Freedom of Information Act
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2014 at 6:24:04 UTC -